Four years dry.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    About six months for me. There was no reason but I just got fed up of it. I couldn't have done it without zero alchohol beer which is really tasty these days. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ShmooShmoo Frets: 109
    379.96 days for me according to my app.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Well done to every single person who has managed to stay dry for whatever period of time.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well done you lot! I am a casual drinker - I can't physically contain much alcohol without being drunk VERY quickly.

Whilst that is better for my health, and one big large beer can sort me out when I've had a rough day, I do need to cut down a little.

Mind you, ever when I'm out I don't keep up with most lads; I stick to my own slow pace and enjoy the taste of a nice IPAs. 
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    edited February 2019
    I really enjoy a drink and the taste of alcohol.  Well done to everyone who's better off and happier for not drinking as I understand it doesn't suit everyone. 

How do you find you get on at day long things like weddings when everyone is progressively getting more intoxicated as the day goes on? Do you sneak off early or can you get a natural high and keep going and dancing to the end? 
    Generally interested? I'm quite talkative naturally but I have friends who are the life and soul of the party when they've had a drink but are awfully awkward when sober.
  • PS66PS66 Frets: 20
    Well done!
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    AlexO said:
    I really enjoy a drink and the taste of alcohol.  Well done to everyone who's better off and happier for not drinking as I understand it doesn't suit everyone. 

How do you find you get on at day long things like weddings when everyone is progressively getting more intoxicated as the day goes on? Do you sneak off early or can you get a natural high and keep going and dancing to the end? 
    Generally interested? I'm quite talkative naturally but I have friends who are the life and soul of the party when they've had a drink but are awfully awkward when sober.
    I drink very occasionally and even when I do not very much. Combination of getting up for kids in the past, driving, gigging etc. It was for me just too complicated. What I do at functions is have a beer early doors, and stick around until the last person I know can not hold a conversation, or when you get to the stage that everybody thinks everything is funny, then sneak of quietly and have a nice cup of tea. The best bit is that you can play your guitar (sober) at any time of day or night, so I often nip into the guitar room at 11.00 pm for a quick practice for 30 minutes or so. Ther's so many more useful hours in the day.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited February 2019
    6 months.

One of the best things I ever did.
    Should have done it 20 years ago.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    AlexO said:

I really enjoyed a drink and the taste of alcohol too but got a fatty liver for my troubles so had to quit before it killed me. I just can't drink socially, if I drink it has to be to oblivion or not at all. I am quite jealous of those who can go out and just have one or two and call it quits.

I haven't had the displeasure of going to a wedding in a few years so don't know how I'd handle the whole everyone getting drunk around me scenario but I suffer from various mental illnesses anyway so won't put myself in a situation where I'm surrounded by a lot of people.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.