SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Matched quad of 1956 Celestion T652 Alnico silverbacks

What's Hot
voltagectrlvoltagectrl Frets: 1
edited February 2019 in Amps £
Hello everyone.

I have in my possession a matched quad of Celestion G12 T-0625 15w 15ohm Alnico silver back speakers. All share the same date code AK25 dating them at 25 November 1956 (if I managed to understand the old Celestion codes correctly).

The cones are all 50H 1777 original pulsonics.
No tears or coil rub, and they sound nothing short of amazing.

One speaker has a small section of adhesive that’s come slightly undone on the spider. It does not affect the sound, but I’ll mention it for transparency.

I’m guessing you already know that these are the very speakers that you’ll find in early Marshalls, VOX and other classic 50s and 60s era amps and needless to say, they are very hard to find nowadays. Especially a matched quad.

This is to be considered a collectors item or a speaker for the serious tone seeking entusiast.

These four speakers were owned in my family as part of a PA-system for a jazz band from sometime back in the 60's, possibly from day one. They’ve been around but never had to deal with absurd wattage from guitar amps etc. For the past, at least, 20 years they've more or less just been sitting in storage.

The original cases are well road worn and would make for a pretty cool rat-rod looking rig or micro stack. Or just pull the speakers and use them in your own a golden era build or as a perfect match to any true vintage amp.

I can email more pictures to serious buyers.

Asking for €500 per individual T-652 or bids. Will prefer selling the whole set to keep them matched. If that seems ludicrous, I've managed to find one other listing of 652s out there right now - a pinstripe 4x12 on eBay with the same speakers (not the marshall-badged variant) selling for $7490 that you can strike a bargain with instead ;)

Ok jokes aside, I’m reaching out on selected enthusiast forums in hope of finding a commited buyer and there’s a post on reverb as well. Sorry for the cross postings, these are a bit niche, so I’m trying to spread the word.

Will consider trades of relevant value. The speakers currently reside in Sweden but I will ship worldwide as long as we can resolve the payment.

Any and all insurance and postage is payed for by the buyer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments