Most selfish behaviour

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Emp_Fab said:
    I did think of taking his phone out of his hands and plopping it into his water jug - but he could have had another heart attack or something and then I'd be in all sorts of shit.

Fretwired said:
    @Emp_Fab .. you need to calm down, relax and get some ear plugs.
    No.  I was the youngest on the ward - other guys were pretty frail.  He needed to be stopped.  What annoyed me even more was after I got him to stop it, a nurse walked past, helping one of the more frail guys to the loo and I did the "WTF ??!!!" face and hand gestures / animated double-take in the direction of the arsehole (who had his curtains closed around his bed), and she just replied with a weak half-smile, "What can you do eh ?" shoulder-shrug.

I'll fucking tell you what you can do !!  You can warn the fucker and show some bloody steel woman !!  Your job is to care for all of the patients - at that means intervening if one of them is causing discomfort for the rest.  I wonder would she have done anything if I decided to practice the tuba at 6.30am ?

What the fuck happened to the NHS ?  Back in the day there was a Ward Sister who would run the place with an iron fist, and if she wasn't tough enough, the Matron.
    And now you know why my missus (and a load of her contemporaries) have all kicked their nursing jobs into touch. It’s a shitty job with massive responsibilities and hardly any reward for it, financially or otherwise. Dealing with selfish arseholes playing with their mobiles is probably the least of their worries. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24343
    Indeed.  Nobody looked happy there.  Everyone looked stressed to fuck. 
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    Emp_Fab said:
    For those who think he was some frail, confused old man - let me correct you.  He was completely lucid.  He had several conversations on the phone that made that quite clear.  He was just a selfish arsehole.  I'm taking your comment @fastonebaz as a joke - obviously.  Later on yesterday, he did it again - but at 11am.  He was watching a football match - with Dutch commentary.  I asked him if he had any headphones and he grunted something I took to be 'no' so I asked him if he could please turn it down a bit.  He turned it off and childishly discarded his phone onto the table.  Whenever he then walked past my bed, he would tut loudly !

He was nothing more than a self-centred, passive-aggressive cunt.  I apologise for the use of that word, but in this case it is deserved.
    Sounds like it was deserved.

Never ceases to amaze me how selfish some people can be, it's unlikely you were the only person he woke up.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom