Curt Mangan strings?

What's Hot
Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 247
Strings...........

Has anyone tried them Curt mangan strings?  If so are they any good?

I use D'addario exl on electric and EJ 16 phospher bronze on acoustic, for reference.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1962
    I tried them about 4 years ago. They reminded me of Ernie Ball....turns out that Kurt used to work @ Ernie Ball.
  • Yes.. They're good. in the same way that D'ads are and Ernies are etc..The only difference these strings will really make is if you believe they're better than your current set...
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6726
    edited February 2019
    I've gone from d'addario to Pyramid and am very happy if that helps at all. Seems like less tension in them. 10s feel almost like 9s.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2401
    They are just okay....nothing more. Nothing special or noticably better than EB's and D'Adds. 
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    Pretty decent. They can be found for £6-£7 if you look around so don't pay big. The Matt Schofield set is a really nice mixture of gauges if you're into big blues tones.
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    I honestly really, really like them. To me they certainly feel a lot, lot better than D'addario, it's been a long time since I've tried some Ernie Balls though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3048
    edited February 2019
    matt1973 said:
    Pretty decent. They can be found for £6-£7 if you look around so don't pay big. The Matt Schofield set is a really nice mixture of gauges if you're into big blues tones.
    I really like the the gauges in the Matt Schofield set - heavy top and bottom, and less heavy middle strings. They're just about perfect for me. 

I wouldn't claim they're magic or anything, but they're good quality strings, like EB & D'Ad.

I got a load from the States - worked out £4/pack.

R.
  • I've tried a few sets, they feel ok but it's difficult to assess differences after so long with the one brand.  Are we just assessing how the wound strings feel really on our fingers and the overall tension/feel?  I still think I prefer D'Addario EXL110's so far as I'm just so used to them...
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1630
    I know @horsehead and @Panama_Jack666 have been using them recently.

I am keen to try them because of the gauges. So long as they don’t feel like EB’s as they are not for me.
  • I couldn't notice a massive difference from just a decent set of strings! I think the main thing I like is the gauges but they don't come cheap. Because I'm a tight git, I'm back on d'addarios
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    Oh, it says CuRt. I read something else.
  • shaunm said:
    I know @horsehead and @Panama_Jack666 have been using them recently.

I am keen to try them because of the gauges. So long as they don’t feel like EB’s as they are not for me.
    Just switched the tele and the Yam onto the 10-48 gauge and bugger me they feel nice and slinky! Remind me of  the NYXL set of 11's I have on the Tokai!