Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I fancy trying a bit of slide guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12391
    Once you learn a few riffs you will love it, technique will come in time, I'm pretty new to s life but really enjoy it. I play in open E. Don't obsess over slides too much just have fun an d get the technique down. I've heard Bukka White use a kitchen knife and sound great.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Don’t be afraid to use std tuning, a bar on 2/3/4 string will give a major chord, a bar on the 1/2/3 strings will give a minor chord & you already know the scales. Check out Warren Haynes on uTube & Joe Bonamassa live at Wolf Rock “Can’t be satisfied. Welcome to the wonderful world of slide, glass every time by the way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited February 2019
    longjaw said:
    I always wear the slide on my little finger - much easier to create chords that way.
    +1 - me too
    zepp76 said:
    The only thing you can be certain of when going down the slide guitar rabbit hole is that you will end up with more than a handful (excuse the pun) of slides, yes slide gas is a real thing!
    That's very true.  I have 4 slides. Brass m(nice & heavy), chromed steel, a shop bought glass slide (OK but a bit thin) and a real genuine thick bottleneck that I made myself from a beer bottle (of course, I made sure I drank the beer first...I'm not totally daft!  )

My favourites are the home-made and brass slides - example of brass on little finger here at 8:27:

And this is with chromed steel:

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom