SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold -FS 2004 USA Tele

DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7201
edited February 2019 in Guitars £
Bought this from the lovely @koneguitarist as I was trying to find the perfect all rounder .a bit like the other recent purchase, the Yamaha TVL It was damn close but the new DGT covers more basses (in fact all basses to my ears). This is a cracking Tele though, it’s been upgraded with a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder in the bridge although it comes with the original PU in case you can’t handle the sheer awesomeness of the SD.

Its been fitted with a 5 way selector switch which gives you the 3 regular positions plus what I guess is bridge and neck in series which sounds amazing - proper early Jimmy Page and can really overdrive an amp when the other positions stay clean. The 4th position is a mystery to me though, it sounds like a banjo wrapped in a duvet !

Its also been wired to bypass the tone control which I thought I’d end up changing but it really sounds nice and with a tweak of the volume control you can take some of the highs off easily. It helps that it’s been fitted with some very tasteful skull shaped control knobs, it means you know where your volume is with a quick glance and the direction of  the front skull :-)

Condition wise I’d say really good for a rock and roll Tele that’s 15 years old - no dings or dents, a few swirls and minor scuffs only.

Comes complete with the original decent Fender hard case and all case candy incl Fender strap and strap locks.

Looking for £575 plus postage which I think is a good price for a killer USA Tele.

https://imgur.com/a/BcXlOmB

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments