SO MUCH WANT. Fender FSR RW Jazzmaster Shell Pink

What's Hot
https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/alternative-body-guitars/fender-road-worn-60s-jazzmaster-in-shell-pink-ltd-edition-namm

Stunning....but I am concerned as to why it's £300 more than the normal Roadworn they used to do...any ideas?
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Pink tax. 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cos it's the best colour and has a matching headstock and also because Fender hate us... 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Because they think people will pay extra for Shell Pink? 

I would consider it. Maybe not 300 extra, but still. 

Also the spec says P90/P90, which you'd think a shop like Andertons would actually get right, until you remember the video where they admit none of them remotely "get" offsets.

In any case, I'd put WRHBs in it. I'd also get one from MJT instead! :D 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8797
    edited February 2019
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    There have been some cracking MIM FSRs lately. Coda has a Classic 50s Strat in Fiesta Red with gold hardware that comes with USA 56 pickups and a hard case for under £800. Have to really restrain myself as the need is zero for this stuff, but it's so nice...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Cos it's the best colour and has a matching headstock and also because Fender hate us... 

Aye good pickups, excellent colour and a MHS....hmmm
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    Nice colour but no way worth that in my opinion. Coming in more or less the same price as the American Original Jazzmaster is daft.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Oh yes I like that too. BUT - why do they have to do only limited runs on stuff that everyone likes?? This makes no sense. Gibson shot themselves in the foot too with the very limited time run Studio Tribute classic eras series. I was saving up but they went...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Beautiful!....... that's very close to my latest project MJT build........only I'm using Mojo pickups.......the ubiquitous Mastery bridge and as I'm not a fan of matching headstocks that will be just an aged nitro clear coat ........other than that.....identical! :-)

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    On offer at £999 at GuitarGuitar....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8797
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2337
    edited April 2020
    Considering I should be in Berlin now and my flights are getting refunded, I'm barely spending money.

This is a dream spec for me and probably the last time I can get a good quality JM with USA pickups in a colour I love for less than 1k.

One less left in stock now. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • if only it had a rosewood fretboard, then it'd be perfect 

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3835
    edited April 2020
    Hey, do it, you won't look back. 

Hello from Berlin btw. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3835
    Think they look infinitely better with white pickguards though. Tortoiseshell and pink is a bit too much in my opinion. 
    if only it had a rosewood fretboard, then it'd be perfect 

I agree. But the prices on Fenders is slowly rising and its the one thing that I would change out. For 999 I gotta say I'm not that bothered... Rather have the excellent colour, pickups and matching headstock. 
    edited April 2020
    Well, this arrived from GG's warehouse on Tuesday. I don't think it has been opened since it was factory sealed?!

Usual gigbag that comes with these, hangtags, allen key, little brochures and trem arm.

First impressions - wow this thing is LIGHT. Like, insanely light for an offset. That is a huge plus for me.

Paintjob is nicely done, not over the top. It is actually less worn than I expected probably because I've got the RW  Flea bass which is absolutely hammered from new. Matching headstock is a nice addition and they've even checkered some of the headstock to age it.

Pretty decent setup, trem works nicely and quite stable. The PF fretboard is nice and streaky...some dark some light...mostly a mid brown.

Main point that has topped in for me is the Pure Vintage 65 Pickups. These are absolutely stunning. I accidentally had the Rhythm circuit on and thought 'this is nice and bright'....whoops....wrong circuit...normal circuit on.....and I'm sold. Very clear, bright and pristine. Even the neck pickup has plenty of clarity.

This is my first Jazzmaster, but I have a few Jags. I can see why people favour one of the other. The Jazzmaster has way more balls to it. Like a Strat/Tele bridge pickup tone but beefier.

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3270
    Well, this arrived from GG's warehouse on Tuesday. I don't think it has been opened since it was factory sealed?!

Usual gigbag that comes with these, hangtags, allen key, little brochures and trem arm.

First impressions - wow this thing is LIGHT. Like, insanely light for an offset. That is a huge plus for me.

Paintjob is nicely done, not over the top. It is actually less worn than I expected probably because I've got the RW  Flea bass which is absolutely hammered from new. Matching headstock is a nice addition and they've even checkered some of the headstock to age it.

Pretty decent setup, trem works nicely and quite stable. The PF fretboard is nice and streaky...some dark some light...mostly a mid brown.

Main point that has topped in for me is the Pure Vintage 65 Pickups. These are absolutely stunning. I accidentally had the Rhythm circuit on and thought 'this is nice and bright'....whoops....wrong circuit...normal circuit on.....and I'm sold. Very clear, bright and pristine. Even the neck pickup has plenty of clarity.

This is my first Jazzmaster, but I have a few Jags. I can see why people favour one of the other. The Jazzmaster has way more balls to it. Like a Strat/Tele bridge pickup tone but beefier.

Happy new guitar day, make sure you post pics. I’d agree a JM is very much it’s own thing and has by far the finest pickups known to man. However, like the strat-tele thing, you need at least one of each. ;)
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 578
    That's the offer price.....I'd wager they would take a discount just to get some cash in the door......if they don't, don't buy it. They will call you back. 
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom