SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD pending ....IMMACULATE CONDITION CARR 'THE BLOKE'

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16103
edited February 2019 in Amps £

Stupid Name ... Stupendous Amp

One of only 68 made (and one of only four with the £400 effects loop option)

Apparently he stopped production because they were so expensive to make that without putting £700 on the £2,300 retail price they couldn't make a profit!

Incredibly well made and solid.

48 watts of a Marshall 'Stack in a Box' in a 1 x 12.

A small and relatively light box with massive stack type sound  from the acclaimed Eminence Elsinore made for Carr.

Covers all Marshall from early 60's to Soldano modded eighties. 

Two channels (hi and even higher gain) plus footswitched boosted SOLO channel.

Never gets flabby in the bass which has a separate circuit to avoid this by design.

- Although it can be very loud it  really will crunch and solo at reasonable home levels without attenuator and still sound BIG.

The low volume CLEAN tone is very limited - okay for home but no more, but it's explosive on lead and thick and chewy on crunch.

As half a 2 amp rig it's fantastic alongside a Fender - at double the going rate for a KOT you will never need an O/D pedal.

£950

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9555
    edited February 2019
    Sweet.

My no.1 amp manufacturer. Every Carr is superb.

Very good price, and very very rare.

GLWTS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Thanks Waz..........yes they are super rare and quite handsome .......like the owner !
  • PMd before Dominic’s delusions escalate 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Any trades ?
    "You play the accordion - you go to jail. That's the law..."
    Sorry......only selling because I could use the money ;otherwise I wouldn't sell it .......they are hard to find and this looks like it came from the shop yesterday -it must be the best one in the world.
     Forgot to say -I just put £100 worth of Svetlana NOS valves in it and they really sing.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Struggling to resist.... must remember, little clean, all gain.... can’t .. hold... on... much... longer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So I should think at that price!  I was within an inch of buying it myself. I actually started typing you a message, but I was forced to admit to myself about six words in that I had absolutely no use for it whatsoever because I only play at home.  Jesus, maybe I'm actually learning something? 
  • I nabbed it guys because the best amp I ever sold was a Carr Mercury (the older 112). I sold it on here for a silly price and have been trying to get one since but they have really gone up.

I loved the break up on it and am hoping this will do the trick (Mid level dirt rather than saturated gain). Dominic has warned me about how loud it wants to be though, if I can’t tame it with an attenuator then it’ll be back on here fast although one of the more notorious/infamous  gasheads on here has already called dibs via PM :-)
  • I nabbed it guys because the best amp I ever sold was a Carr Mercury (the older 112). I sold it on here for a silly price and have been trying to get one since but they have really gone up.

I loved the break up on it and am hoping this will do the trick (Mid level dirt rather than saturated gain). Dominic has warned me about how loud it wants to be though, if I can’t tame it with an attenuator then it’ll be back on here fast although one of the more notorious/infamous  gasheads on here has already called dibs via PM :-)
    Cool. I hope it works out for you! 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    ...although one of the more notorious/infamous  gasheads on here has already called dibs via PM :-)
    So quickly?  The scoundrel. 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Yes ,it comes with a covenant that pays me a tithe of £100 on every succession of title