Locking ToM?

What's Hot
I'm fed up with the shoddy Gibbo hardware on my guitar.

To remedy the Tune - O - Matic (designed by Wile E Coyote) bridge falling off the guitar at string change or cleaning time I bought a TonePros bridge  (I take it the end of the company name rhymes with Boss?).

Unfortunately, it too chose to disasemble itself during installation (a manufacturing fault) and I'm presently awaiting a replacement from the supplier.

So, the question - does anyone else make a replacement for a US Gibson Tune - O - Matic bridge, that'll not fall off, or apart?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited February 2019
    Gotoh are pretty reliable -

Tone Proes?!
    As in 'Tone Pro-fessionals' I think..... ;)
  • jdgm said:
    Do they lock to the posts?
  • I like the Faber stuff a lot.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4189
    A big plus 1 for Faber, beautifully engineerd and solid as a rock
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    If you do your string changes with the guitar flat on a bench the Gibson bridge doesn't fall off.

If it still somehow does, you can put it back on again quite easily.

Why make things more complicated than they need to be?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    If you do your string changes with the guitar flat on a bench the Gibson bridge doesn't fall off.

If it still somehow does, you can put it back on again quite easily.

Why make things more complicated than they need to be?
    A slack fitting tunamatic can give rise to all sorts of overtones and rattles
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    sweepy said:

No, slack fitting saddle screws do. The bridge itself is held onto the height wheels with around 90lbs of pressure from the strings. It’s not going to move.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Faber. You want a Faber.
    I don’t have a gambling problem, I’m winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That’s like saying that Iron Maiden have an awesomeness problem.
    edited February 2019
    ICBM said:
    sweepy said:

No, slack fitting saddle screws do. The bridge itself is held onto the height wheels with around 90lbs of pressure from the strings. It’s not going to move.
    I've worked on a few that do, Inc Gotoh, it's poor tolerance between the threaded pillar and TOM 
  • As above...Faber.