NGD & a trip to Guitars 4 You.

What's Hot
AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
edited February 2019 in Guitar
After advertising my Gibson 345 for trade on here and facebook, a lad sent me a message asking would I sell as he's been after one for ages. Deal agreed and noticing he lived literally 3 mins drive away from Guitars 4 You, I sent Mark a message on the Tuesday asking could he open the shop for me as I was passing through.
I spent most that night on his site choosing what guitars I would try, in my mind I was after a CS Strat.

Well that didn't happen. Some guitar just jump off the wall at you and a CS 67 Telecaster did just that. Surf green is my favourite Fender colour and over the 3tone sunburst it's one of the coolest guitars I've seen. I hadn't seen it online (it had just come in to the shop) which was good as I imagine it wouldn't have held around for long.

It's a tremoundous playing and sounding guitar with a factory 4 way switch, twisted tele in the neck and 68 in the bridge. 

https://i.imgur.com/70DABGS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Y8nKH7o.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cYgE9S5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jjxR7Pq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xFjlvnQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/DN5zXYX.jpg

I spent about 3 1/2 hours at the store and tried a few really nice strats one that is already on my list for my next NGD. Mark was great and really helpful and we had a really good natter about music and football and he made me a cracking cup of coffee.
If you are in the market for a new guitar I can't recommend a trip to @guitars4you enough.

0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm confident that this isn't a sock account!!! =)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    I'm confident that this isn't a sock account!!! =)
    Come again pal?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexO said:
    Come again pal?
    I think he's suggesting (not entirely seriously... OK, not at all seriously) that you're Mark from @guitars4you pretending to be a satisfied customer :)

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    AlexO said:
    Come again pal?
    I think he's suggesting (not entirely seriously... OK, not at all seriously) that you're Mark from @guitars4you pretending to be a satisfied customer :)

Haha yes, it’s an old joke about businesses promoting themselves through sock puppet accounts - Mark is just about the most unlikely person in the world to do that!
  • AlexO said:
    Come again pal?

Haha yes, it’s an old joke about businesses promoting themselves through sock puppet accounts - Mark is just about the most unlikely person in the world to do that!
    Exactly. 
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    AlexO said:
    Come again pal?

Yeah I guess it's a bit weird someone on a guitar forum not having a moan about a guitar shop.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm confident that this isn't a sock account!!! =)

He's clearly wearing shoes in the last photo.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Happy NGD, looks great.

Guitars4You are on my list to try at some point, especially since I'm not a million miles away - only problem is I'm so happy with my AV 52 Tele and AV 54 Strat that GAS is pretty suppressed on the Fender side! Nice problem to have I guess. 
  • AlexO said:
    Yeah I guess it's a bit weird someone on a guitar forum not having a moan about a guitar shop.
    It shouldn't be. I guess the customer service aspect of "new guitar day" becomes much more "visible" when it's bad.

If all goes well, you go to the shop, you come out with a lighter wallet and a nice new guitar, then your attention is on the guitar. If you go to the shop and come out without the guitar, or disappointed in the guitar you left with, the shop comes in to focus.

But yeah, a positive comment about the shop you bought from shouldn't be that rare. If and when I have the sort of money that makes it worth Mark's time opening the door for me I'm going to look him up too...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Not my fave colour but I’m sure it’s a superb instrument. Congratulations !
    Ive only been to @guitars4you once and came away with a daphne CS 60 Strat. It’s that kind of place. Great stock and a good bloke to deal with  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Oh that's lovely, surf green always pops with a rosewood board. Never as keen with maple.
  • Alex, congrats mate and a great story...

It’s wonderful when the unexpected happens, and one just leaps out at you isnt it ?!?

Now, THAT is how a Tele should look.

Love the sanded neck and the relic. Bostin.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    I've bought two from Mark at @guitars4you ;;; -  a Gretsch 6120 and a Gibson Lucille, which I still have, and will buy from him again, I'm sure. He was also instrumental (pardon the pun) in helping me sell my R9 50th Anniversary recently at no gain to himself. 

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999

That's a great looking Tele, I like the colour.  And the late '60s decal and tuners.

Mark's a gent, I wish his shop was in travelling distance of London.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14308
    tFB Trader
    Thanks Alex and thanks guys for such comments
  • That’s a nice guitar you got. Love that colour.
    My Trading Feedback Link is here i_b_tulloch