Les Paul Standard Faded Value

What's Hot
strat84strat84 Frets: 320
Hi chaps. Just wondered if anyone could give me a rough price on these used. I've been offered one in P/X. It's a 2008 in excellent condition with original case. Here's a couple of pics of the top  -

http://i.imgur.com/6WoweDS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xjlWT13.jpg

Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• https://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=les+paul+standard+faded&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

This might help.
    eBay completed auctions for "Les Paul standard faded" 
    Looks like £1000+ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 320
    Yes I did have a quick Ebay check but wondered what they would go for on here. There have been a few sold but it was 2-3 years back. Cheers
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    When I'm valuing stuff on here I always start with using ebay as you have done. 

If you sell it on ebay you pay fees to the bay and paypal. Figure out how much that would be. Once you have your net sale values on ebay use that as your guide here,

I would normally take a little more off too because in my expeirence it's going to be a hassle free sale on here. I don't think that's usually the case on ebay any longer. 
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    They can vary wildly in prices.

The big flame top ones right up to £1800-ish.  The more modest looking ones anywhere between £1100-ish and £1500-ish, IMO.

That one looks cherry burst to me.  I'd say maybe around £1200 - £1300.

I have two Fadeds.  Really like them.  A lot.
    Thanks guys, appreciate the input. Will have a ponder on it  :)
    Also bear in mind the 2008 Fadeds were all chambered with 50's necks.  But Gibson USA style 50's necks, not as large as Custom Shop 50's necks.
  • I've had my eyes on a faded for a very long time. For a 2005, 50s neck, non-chambered tobacco I'd happily pay £1500-1700. The cherry I'm not so sure.

The 60s neck chambered ones do go for less so we'd need to know the spec. But definitely at least around £1200-£1300 as @bodhi suggests.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• relic245 said:

If you sell it on ebay you pay fees to the bay and paypal. Figure out how much that would be. Once you have your net sale values on ebay use that as your guide here, 
    If you do sell on eBay make sure you only list it when the £1 selling fee is available, which appears to be quite often.

Personally I've always had good experience with selling on eBay (that's probably the kiss of death) and I alway feel that any item including guitars sell quicker and for a better price.
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    I think people come here/gumtree partially for less hassle but also mainly to avoid as much of the hit from ebay/paypal as possible. As a buyer, the price you pay on ebay is what its worth imho and the starting point. perhaps split the different and take off 5% as opposed to the 10% fees but lower is taking the p1ss imho.
    I've had my eyes on a faded for a very long time. For a 2005, 50s neck, non-chambered tobacco I'd happily pay £1500-1700. The cherry I'm not so sure.

The 60s neck chambered ones do go for less so we'd need to know the spec. But definitely at least around £1200-£1300 as @bodhi suggests.
    I must admit I can count the cherry Fadeds I'd pay good money for on maybe two fingers.  Visually, they're just not very appealing to me.

But from the OP's pics, that one actually looks quite nice, if the colour is accurate.

Should be quite easy to have just the top refinished, though.  That guitar has some good flame there.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    looks glossy to me, aren't they matt finish? (quite fancied one for a while).

my understanding of the specs is .. (saved from a previous post):

2005: Traditional weight relief, 50's and 60's necks, Burstbucker Pros
    2006: Traditional weight relief, 50's and 60's necks, Burstbucker Pros (60's necks and traditional weight relief production stopped sometime in October.  End of 2006 guitars have 2007 specs)
    2007: Chambered, 50's necks only, Burstbucker Pros
    2008: Chambered, 50's necks only, Burstbucker Pros
    2009: Traditional weight relief, 50's necks only, Burstbucker Pros 
    I believe Gas Station Guitars imports them sometimes, no personal experience of them though.
  • Fifty9 said:
    I think people come here/gumtree partially for less hassle but also mainly to avoid as much of the hit from ebay/paypal as possible. As a buyer, the price you pay on ebay is what its worth imho and the starting point. perhaps split the different and take off 5% as opposed to the 10% fees but lower is taking the p1ss imho.
    I tend list with a BuyNow price and open to offers, collection only or if bought at the full price meet/deliver a given distance. Most people happy to pay cash, so only pay eBay £1, which I don't begrudge: )
    edited February 2019
    pmbomb said:
    looks glossy to me, aren't they matt finish? (quite fancied one for a while).
    They can polish up really nicely, like this 2005 Standard Faded:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14305
    tFB Trader
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  - That looks nice
    Probably the single finest example I've seen.  Owned by a friend who is in France.
    That is lovely!! Thanks again to everyone for the advice. The trade in question is my '17 R8 for the Faded plus £1050 on top.. seems like a fair deal as long as it's in the condition he says
    Ooh, let's see the R8.
    Wish I could keep it but I need some cash out of it due to an upcoming house purchase and a 5 month old child  :s =)

http://i.imgur.com/UykFgUt.jpg
    Nice.  I like a good plaintop.
    I'm almost tempted to offer one of my Fadeds as part-trade...