Ballycastle Irish Country Cream from Aldi ....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I can't remember his name but the chap who came up with Bailey's died last year. Interesting marketing guy, one of his jobs was trying to rescue an Irish company that owned a distillery and a dairy. He wondered what happened if you mixed their two products up and the original recipe used Nesquik as the thickener. 

Googles - Tom Jago. Also gave us Malibu amongst other things. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2440
    Indeed, I heard about him on Radio 4 when he died.
    He was a genius at branding. 

Baileys was the product of the same company owning a not very good distillery and a dairy which had a huge surplus of cream when semi-skimmed became popular, with the Nesquik added to make it more palatable.

Malibu was more subtle, the logo and advertising created the impression it was made in the Caribbean somewhere. It was actually made in South Africa, which was somewhat of a pariah at the time over apartheid.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tom also gave us Le Piat D’or which was a massive success in it's day. He wanted a red wine that drank like white so the prototype of that was Liebfraumilch with red food colouring to show the French what to make for the British market. 
    Cool guy, RIP. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24359
    Well, he never invented a milkshake that tasted of Spam fritters, so he’s no friend of mine.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Well, he never invented a milkshake that tasted of Spam fritters, so he’s no friend of mine.
    Any connection between that particular gastronomic  choice and your history of heart conditions being totally coincidental. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I had a passion to relive being 5 again a couple of Christmases ago for when I would be propped up in the chair in the corner and served a Snowball with a cherry from the drinks trolley when we visited my Aunt and Uncle! Warninks is so bloody expensive now though (~£10) but Aldi's offering was same price as the Irish Cream in OP and is bloody lovely with a sharp fizzy chilled lemonade and a nice juicy cherry!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>