Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitarbuild uk

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Impressive work!! I'd love to do a decent quality partscaster at some point. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    I'm very interested in doing a partscaster build but am wondering how you ensure a neck will fit the body - is there a UK source of necks I'm unaware of ? The piss poor UK:$ plus import/tax etc has really made a US import not the most attractive option...
  • Schmo said:
    I'm very interested in doing a partscaster build but am wondering how you ensure a neck will fit the body - is there a UK source of necks I'm unaware of ? The piss poor UK:$ plus import/tax etc has really made a US import not the most attractive option...
    There seems to be a gaping price point gap between the £25 ebay chinese necks and the various £200+ USA necks. I'd be interested to know a good UK source too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Schmo said:
    Some tweaking is usually involved. It’s not as simple as buying a body and neck from two different places and expecting them to fit. Have a look at Axecaster and guitarbuild for necks. 

For my customer builds i make sure the neck fit is beautifully snug after the painting is done. I aim for suspending the body by the neck with no screws being used. But that’s the advantage of doing it everyday.
  • Schmo said:
    I'm very interested in doing a partscaster build but am wondering how you ensure a neck will fit the body
    Do you already have a body? If not, just order both from the same supplier. My Guitarbuild neck & body fitted together absolutely perfectly.
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    Appreciate the comments  fellas - the obvious problem with GB is they won't do you know what, for understandable reasons. In that event, I'm supposed to design my own shape ? Thats a drag...I'm not looking to re-invent the wheel or become a designer.

I guess once I do source a neck I can send it to GB, to ensure the best fit and take it from there...
  • I'm another satisfied customer. 
    The body for my Shiflett Partscaster came from guitarbuild.
    it's worth signing up to their mailing list- they often have sales including some great things. Mine was about half price in the sale & is perfect. 
    FWIW, the neck came from NorthWest Guitars (& they were great to deal with too. The headstock has an almost imperceptible ding from transit to them. They called me & offered me a special price). 

Deluxe https://imgur.com/a/iFCpR
  • Are they super busy at the moment ?
    I have an order with them that’s taking much longer than expected. 
    They were very responsive initially but have gone a quiet for the last couple of weeks.
  • If you're concerned, I'd pick up the phone & speak to them. 
    They were really helpful when DPD lost my order earlier in the month.
  • I had a Jazzmaster body and maple neck put together by Blackstar, came across them via Reverb. UK based. Can't find any fault with neck or body.