Help Identifying A Pickup

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2059
Hi Guys,

I just acquired a nice 1980s 335 in a trade with a friend which has a changed bridge pickup. My friend believes it's possible it could be a later sixties paf patent sticker number with the sticker missing. Wonder if any of you eagled eyed experts on here can tell with any degree of certainty from the pics I have. 

Pics to follow
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2059

• rossirossi Frets: 1705
    edited February 2019
    Screw it in and rock, boy .Stop lookin at yer navel you tone sniffer ........
    :o
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14561
    Does the neck/Rhythm position pickup look any different underneath?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    @Funkfingers This is the Neck pup

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10605
    tFB Trader
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14561
    Based partly on what TGW posted and my own observations, I suspect that the bridge/Treble humbucker above could be an old DiMarzio PAF. 

The flat head bobbin fastening screws are one clue. The oversized hole in the baseplate for the output cable is another. The braid on Dimarzio cable is slightly different to Gibson braid. It is possible that the output cable is two-con + braid to ensure phase compatibility with other pickups.

A top view of the two pickups might help. DiMarzio screw heads are slightly different to Gibson. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    @Funkfingers Thanks second time in space of a week you have helped with pickup info much appreciated =)