carl martin plexitone pedal

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15965
our beloved icbm got me thinkin' about this bsiab pedal....

You had/got one? reports please  :)

the single pedal 3 knober  folks
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Had one, and also had the small box version. The big-box version is an awesome, awesome pedal. Never left my board for over a year, and it only did when I actually got a Marshall head/cab

Far superior to the small box version

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader

Had the little one, was OK, but a heavy upper mid bias and didn't clean up as well as I hoped. Didn't have 'thump' didn't feel amp-like, got some OK sounds but never massively happy with it vs other MIABs.

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15965
    feel free peeps tae leave an alternative suggestion for teh brown sound in a MXR size pedal
    tae be or not tae be
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I had the gold one for a while.    It was good but not as good as the Wampler pinnacle or Suhr riot imo.     I still haven’t tried a pedal that sounded as good as those two for a grainy Marshall type sound.  
    A lot of people like the crunch box but I didn’t think it was quite as good.   
    I’m using an ethos overdrive now and it’s amazing so I suspect the smaller box twe pedal will be great as well but I haven’t got around to trying it yet.   
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15965
    JP

Tell us some more about the Pinnacle.......some folk say it's far too noisy!
    tae be or not tae be
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    I thought it was horrible.......lots of radio interference type sounds in the mix ......not real interference just white noise
  • I wasn't keen on the pinnacle either.

Not sure about hitting the Brown Sound, but I really liked the DLS Mk3 for MIAB tones. Much preferred it over the earlier versions

• MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    edited February 2019
    A new one from Carl Martin 

• The Panama sounds outrageous 
  • I had a Plexitone on my board for a few years, it was awesome and I regretted selling it as soon as it had gone.  I got over it when I fitted a J Rockett Dude to my board.  Different flavour of overdrive but every bit as good sounding as the Plexitone, just smoother and higher gain if needed.  Quite a few people have tried my Dude, they have all wanted one as a result.