Red Panda Context or MXR M300

What's Hot
Jay123Jay123 Frets: 3
Im new to this site, so hi all!
Im looking to purchase reverb pedal for my board.  After doing some research Ive narrowed it down to either the Red panda Context or the MXR M300.  I play a Strat into mostly Fender type amps and will always have a low/medium gain pedal on before the reverb pedal.
Basically, all Im looking, is a really natural and great sounding plate or hall sound.  i don't really think Ill use any of the shimmer types sounds, so they re less important to me.
Has anyone played them both or can offer some advice?
Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mxr imho. Red Panda make very esoteric stuffs.

Bye!

• Just to throw a spanner in the works - have you thought ought about a Dr Scientist Mini Reverberator? They're excellent at plate and Hall in my opinion. 
  • Forget the looks Jay, get the Talisman... much better than the 2 mentioned when using a drive, imho
  • The context is a very poor standard reverb.
  • Ha, I know Wazmeister, but I just can’t :) 
     Teetonetal, I never expected anyone to say that. I’m just going by other people s comments and a couple of decent sounding YouTube videos. 
    I almost was going to order a used one he other day and take the risk. It certain looks a cool pedal with decent options, ie , the Pre delay etc. 
    I haven’t really checked out the dr scientist to be honest, Unclepsychosis, as I didn’t there are so many and I didn’t want to confuse myself any more! That said I will do today. 

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6078
    I tried the mxr and sent it back. It gets a lot of good reviews but the basic standard verb sounds that get used 99% seemed very average. I went with a CKK Infinite and am very happy with it - a single reverb sound but can get extremely wet and drippy sounding.

• I think the Ventris has the best spring and halls I've heard in a pedal.

Have a listen:

It's pricey. But well worth it imho.

Bye!

• Jay123 said:
    Ha, I know Wazmeister, but I just can’t :) 
     Teetonetal, I never expected anyone to say that. I’m just going by other people s comments and a couple of decent sounding YouTube videos. 
    I almost was going to order a used one he other day and take the risk. It certain looks a cool pedal with decent options, ie , the Pre delay etc. 
    I haven’t really checked out the dr scientist to be honest, Unclepsychosis, as I didn’t there are so many and I didn’t want to confuse myself any more! That said I will do today. 

Perhaps I should clarify,

i found the pedal overly bright and very unnatural. Good for special fix but not good as a use all the time fx. I also did not like the way the mix knob worked.

been a while since I had it, but it’s one of the pedals that moved on very quickly. 

I still like the boss rv5 as an alround verb. Neunaber immense is also good.
  • Mate, try the Neunaber for sale here;

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/150093/fs-cornish-p-1-bkb-tube-driver-neunaber-stereo-wet-v1-eqd-organizer-v2-all-like-new-boxed#latest

A glorious reverb and better than either of those two options.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a two knobby Neunaber WET it's dead easy to use, it gets me room, plate and pure ambience within seconds I love it!
  • Thanks, @Wazmeister :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Thanks everyone for all your comments and suggestions !! 
    Probably gonna have to buy second hand at this stage or £200 pound max, so although the likes of the ventris and immerse look good , new, they’re out of the question for me at this stage anyway. 
    Years ago when the n. wet came out, I remember trying it and thinking that it sounded like it was somewhat separate or on top of my guitar tone and therefore didn’t but it.  This was like 5 years ago and only tried it briefly, so I could be talking nonsense! That said, it has kinda put me off them a little as a result :0 
  • Had a Context, it was very meh!  Owned a Talisman too and didn’t understand the hype it gets.

Conversely I’ve been very happy with my Mr Black Supermoon for years now, it’s not the most feature rich reverb but it has a lovely tonality and can go from subtle to over the top spacey if you need it to.
  • Very tough to beat the boss RV5 for value for money versus tones. They still sound great imho.

Bye!

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3471
    edited February 2019
    @Jay123 seriously mate, the Neunaber is a great reverb and does exactly what you're asking for. This is a superb price too. Genuinely, you won't be disappointed in it. It's better than any of its predecessors, sound-wise, IMO.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/150093/fs-cornish-p-1-bkb-tube-driver-neunaber-stereo-wet-v1-eqd-organizer-v2-all-like-new-boxed
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks Jonathan, I’ll def give it some thought here :)
  • Hey guys. Just to let you know , I’d seen a second hand Mxr for a good price , so took a risk and ordered it today!  i guess if i don’t like it I can always sell it on again down the line.  My boards finally getting closer to being complete :) 
  • Good man