SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD SOLD Fender USA Strat in Three Colour Sunburst - £650 (includes Dimarzio pickup!) SOLD SOLD

Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
edited March 2019 in Guitars £

Hi everyone!

I'm selling my Fender USA Strat in Three Colour Sunburst. I bought it second hand last year and haven't really bonded with it (I clearly prefer humbuckers) so want to move it on. It's in good condition other than a few dings/chips which I've tried to show in the photos. It comes with a Fender hardcase, tremolo arm and spring.

In the photos there's a new DiMarzio Injector (Paul Gilbert) pickup in the bridge which will be removed and the Fender pickup re-installed before sale. If you want the DiMarzio pickup, I can sell for an extra £50.

PRICE NOW INCLUDES THE DIMARZIO PICKUP!

I've priced it for £650, cash on collection only. Sorry but I won't post or accept PayPal. If you are local and want to come have a look and a play feel free, I'm in Cumbria.

Can possibly meet somewhere if convenient - I will be travelling south at some point in the next few weeks, PM to discuss.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Moved to Guitars £
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    edited February 2019
    Moved to Guitars £
    @Bridgehouse Oops! Thank you. Only half awake this evening.
    Bump.
    Price now includes the DiMarzio Injector pickup. Now listed on eBay too.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24630
    A 2003.

I have one from that year. Almost everyone who has played it has tried to buy it from me.
    A 2003.

I have one from that year. Almost everyone who has played it has tried to buy it from me.
    It's a really good guitar. Typical USA build quality, good components and I took a bit of time to set it up when I got it so it plays well. The two things I didn't get on with were:

1. The neck profile is a little slim for me. I like a chunky necks as I have bad tendons and it's much easier for me to grip a fat neck.

2. I just realised I prefer a fatter, humbucker sound and I think I should have either gone for an HSS or something different altogether. I've since bonded with a nice SG so the Strat needs selling.

Nothing wrong with the guitar at all, just not for me. But that's part of the fun I suppose, trying new things. Hopefully someone will get more out of this guitar than I did.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3273
    edited February 2019
    Very nice, I had a maple fretboard strat from the same period that I shouldn’t have let go and have a 2000 tele that has been my go to for a very long time. Glwts.
    Mid-week bump.
    Weekend bump.
    Bump.
    Still for sale everyone. :)