Slash (Glasgow)

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I'll be buying it!! Nice one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Apparently the London show was filmed for DVD
    Yeah, it was - I was stood right by one of the cameras. I thought they all were, and then they'd be spliced together? That's cool though - they were on fire!

What's also quite cool is that Todd Kerns (Dammit - the bass player) and Brent Fitz (Fitzy - the drummer) have both liked the couple of pics and vids I uploaded on facebook. Swoon.

If I could describe the gig in one word, it would have to be 'inspirational'. Superb playing from Slash (and everyone else). It's weird, I was trying to think of another living rock icon like Slash, and the only one (and he's nowhere near Slash's stature, IMO) I could think of was Ozzy. Maybe Alice Cooper?
  • Inspirational, definitely...... 
    Slash has been my inspiration from day one. Just awesome!!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    My turn to see Slash tonight as the tour hits Zürich. It’s in a fairly small venue too :) thought the new album had some really good stuff on it, reckon it will be a good night :)
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Boulevard of Broken Hearts and Losing the Girl are probably my faves. Look forward to your review!
    edited March 2019
    It was awesome. Gotta say he looks really happy playing with that line up. 

Only night train from gnr back catalogue but it didnt matter. They have enough strong material of their own these days.

could do without the extended solos, it got quite dull as he is just widdling at full pelt. Felt quite sorry for the drummer!

support band bishop gunn were awesome. Loads of slide based blues rock.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Oh never heard of that support band - will check them out!

Glad you liked it!!
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Not seeing him this tour,l, couldn't face London again, but I'm really pleased to hear that for the most part GnR songs have been dripped, I felt that there was no need for them to be playing Sweet child etc when I seen them a few years back as their own material was good.

Also been saying for a few years that his playing is light years ahead of the old GnR stuff
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Although I hate the extended solo stuff, I have to say the backing the band does during his widdly-widdly-wah bits on Wicked Stone are fantastic. Really drives it through, and I've had it stuck in my head for days now!
    underdog said:
    Not seeing him this tour,l, couldn't face London again, but I'm really pleased to hear that for the most part GnR songs have been dripped, I felt that there was no need for them to be playing Sweet child etc when I seen them a few years back as their own material was good.

Also been saying for a few years that his playing is light years ahead of the old GnR stuff
    I expect it's also a bit that he has just done GnR to death on the not in my lifetime tour and now that people know GnR may play again someday people are a bit more willing to get into this band on their own merit so he's happy to push the new material more. 
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2579
    tFB Trader
    I missed the Glasgow gig due to family issues :'( .. how do I block this thread which keeps reminding me that I missed a great show
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    underdog said:

I expect it's also a bit that he has just done GnR to death on the not in my lifetime tour and now that people know GnR may play again someday people are a bit more willing to get into this band on their own merit so he's happy to push the new material more. 

Always found it a bit sad when he trotted out SCOM or Paradise , made worse by the fact that Myles voice is too clean cut for those songs.