SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For Sale: Hand-wired JTM45 Clone - £750... £650 (Glasgow)

What's Hot
DungusDungus Frets: 170
edited September 2019 in Amps £
This is a tough one, but everyone within a 6 mile radius of my home has begged me to downgrade and maybe I'll just get a Jazz Chorus and retire already

This is the most beautiful amp I've owned and twice the quality of my previous Marshall SLP (that I received direct from Marshall when I had a sponsorship - please don't tell them lol).

It’s obviously based on the original JTM45 circuit , most importantly with the valve rectifier and the KT66 valves , that’s the secret as the later ones had the transistor rectifier and EL34s.

All hand-wired point-to-point, all the components are first class as they are from the Orange factory and are assembled by former Orange engineers.

The head is, of course, beautifully made, incredible detail to the original with the same tolex, corners, handle etc. They were expensive to make. £290 for headshell alone.

Current users, Studio and live, of this exact amp from the builder are:
Manny Charlton - Nazareth , MCB (The builder is one of Manny's oldest friends)
Mike Estes - Lynyrd Skynyrd , Blackfoot , Skinny Molly
Paul Warren - Rod Stewart , Tina Turner , Joe Cocker, Cactus
Miranda Louise Band (Nashville).

They absolutely love them , because any original JTM45 over in America or Europe will be really old , unreliable , remodded and incredibly expensive $5000 plus !

Also Iain owner of Glasgow Studio Electronics , did a delivery repair on one and loved it, he confirmed that it was extremely well made and was using all Orange components

£900 £750 pickup in Glasgow.

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DungusDungus Frets: 170
    Some of that text was cut n paste from the builder, btw.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is the photo distorted, or is there a slight dip in the middle of the head at the top?
    Is the photo distorted, or is there a slight dip in the middle of the head at the top?
    Yeah, that is weird. I didn't notice that. I just checked and it is 100% flat on top! Is the gold trim maybe off ever so slightly? I'm honestly staring at it and not really able to see anything weird, despite the above picture.

The amp right now:

• I think it's the piping that's doing it. That last picture is better ;-)
    If someone helps me work out how to post, I can do that.

Also, would be interested in trades for Fender Vibrolux, JCM800
    or 500 cash and a guitar or pedals or something like that.
    Happy to work out a deal for anyone wanting to come pick up a gorgeous amp ! ! !
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    Gotta say, I love the build--quality of the amp, the construction is excellent. Good luck with the sale.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2592
    tFB Trader
    Think it would be helpful if you list who actually built it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    equalsql said:
    Gotta say, I love the build--quality of the amp, the construction is excellent. Good luck with the sale.
    Thanks. Yeah, beautifully put together!
    Price drop!
    Think it would be helpful if you list who actually built it
    I bought it from a very good guy/bit of a quality gear legend here who didn't tell me who built it, I'm afraid. At the time, I didn't care. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that my location (and price) has far more to do with people not wanting it than of their suspicions as to its quality. You and the people agreeing with you are more than welcome to come and try it out/fully inspect it.
    If nobody wants it, I have myself an amazing amp. Thanks.

• Dungus said:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that my location (and price) has far more to do with people not wanting it

Nothing wrong with being Scottish. Or from Glasgow unless you're from the wrong side of the river.
    Dungus said:
    I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that my location (and price) has far more to do with people not wanting it

Nothing wrong with being Scottish. Or from Glasgow unless you're from the wrong side of the river.
    No, no, sorry, I didn't mean being Scottish, I just meant living further away from most of the amp-buying/selling peeps on the forum :)
  • Yeah. I figured that. I'm from Northern Ireland and, so far, have only bought and sold components or pedals on here.

Anything else is done via Facebook and Gumtree. Such as the home made 2x12 I'm trying to move on.
    Bump!
    Will always consider interesting trades. AMP!
    Still for sale after all this time. Make me an offer, I can throw in a free 2x12. The (pretty sweet) Harley Benton one with Celestions. 
    hello