Any Louis Electric Gattone owners here?

Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
The Gattone looks like a very well specified amp with great features and the Arlon Roth vid shows it capable of very appealing sounds. In the UK they are far rarer then hens teeth so it's just about impossible to give one a workout. So are there any owners on the forum, preferably who regularly gig a Gattone? If so, what are your feelings about them and what are their strengths and weaknesses (if any). Have you found that they suit single-coils and humbuckers equally or do they favour one over the other?

Any feedback from owners would be much appreciated. Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    tone1 said:
    @pumkin had one I think :)
    @pumkin sold his on this forum last October for a real bargain price. I must have been looking the wrong way at the time :(

I wonder if it now belongs to another member here?
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    Great amp but loud, as with all Louis they work best at reasonable and louder volumes this review https://guitar.com/review/louis-electric-gattone-reviews/  ; pretty much sums the amp but but I would disagree about the Strat comment, it in my opinion sounds great with Strats . Right now we're only bringing them in to order as a recent price increase and the exchange rate has pushed the price up a bit too much. It wasn't the most popular of the Louis amps due to its size and volume, the Columbia was by far and away the best seller in the range...hopefully at some time the exchange rate gets better and we'll start keeping them in stock again..
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Thanks for the information and review link @DougCoda. That’s really helpful. There doesn’t seem to be many Gattones around and certainly no longer any owned by forum members judging by the response here.

Are you holding back on stocking all Louis Electric amps at present?
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    Jimbro66 said:
    Thanks for the information and review link @DougCoda. That’s really helpful. There doesn’t seem to be many Gattones around and certainly no longer any owned by forum members judging by the response here.

Are you holding back on stocking all Louis Electric amps at present?
    Yes...holding back for a bit, lovely amps but the exchange rate and recent price increase has hurt.