Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Another great Andertons experience

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7770
    edited February 2019
    prowla said:
    Hmmm - I've been looking for a just-a-nut for a Warwick bass.
    • I tried Wunjo but the first person said what's one of those (I said each of those Warwicks on the wall just there has one!) and the second person said shop online.
    • I emailed Warwick to ask if they could get one to the Guitar Show, but I didn't get a reply.
    • I went to the stand with the Warwick folks at the Guitar Show and spoke with Ben, who wasn't best pleased at Wunjo's response and suggested I try Andertons.
    • I rang Andertons on the weekend and they said try phoning on a weekday, so they could call Warwick and get back to me.
    • I phoned today (Monday) and spoke to someone and they said they'd call Warwick and call me back.
    • They didn't get back to me, so I tried phoning twice but got automated "busy" messages.
    • I'll try calling Andertons again tomorrow.

I had a similar experience when I was trying to get a Keith McMillen 12-Step recently; I went to every shop, including Denmark Street, Andertons, Camden, and got blank expressions, so I bought one online and got it in days.

If anybody who runs a shop is wondering why they are losing custom to the heinous "internet", the answer is that it's a lot easier than having to jump through hoops trying to get something from a shop and even have to justify or plead with them to make the effort.

A bit "moan zone" this. Online buying is perfect for just that, obscure parts that are uneconomical to stock.

Shops are still great for trying actual gear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s a decent shop, but it totally sucks for lefties. £10.6m in stock, and about £75 of that is for southpaws. I ended up jumping in the car and driving down to GAK. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4925
    prowla said:
    Hmmm - I've been looking for a just-a-nut for a Warwick bass.
    • I tried Wunjo but the first person said what's one of those (I said each of those Warwicks on the wall just there has one!) and the second person said shop online.
    • I emailed Warwick to ask if they could get one to the Guitar Show, but I didn't get a reply.
    • I went to the stand with the Warwick folks at the Guitar Show and spoke with Ben, who wasn't best pleased at Wunjo's response and suggested I try Andertons.
    • I rang Andertons on the weekend and they said try phoning on a weekday, so they could call Warwick and get back to me.
    • I phoned today (Monday) and spoke to someone and they said they'd call Warwick and call me back.
    • They didn't get back to me, so I tried phoning twice but got automated "busy" messages.
    • I'll try calling Andertons again tomorrow.

I had a similar experience when I was trying to get a Keith McMillen 12-Step recently; I went to every shop, including Denmark Street, Andertons, Camden, and got blank expressions, so I bought one online and got it in days.

If anybody who runs a shop is wondering why they are losing custom to the heinous "internet", the answer is that it's a lot easier than having to jump through hoops trying to get something from a shop and even have to justify or plead with them to make the effort.

A bit "moan zone" this. Online buying is perfect for just that, obscure parts that are uneconomical to stock.

Shops are still great for trying actual gear.
    Perhaps, but my point is the shops don't really want to make the effort.

Could they do a sale or return deal on parts?

I called Andertons and they quoted me the online price including shipping, so the message is don't bother.

In the past year I've spent a fair amount of money on musical stuff, but less than 10% of that was in shops.

There's all this talk of the failing High Street and suchlike, but the shops have to have the product to sell.

That said, I guess Andertons are doing alright; I hope they're not being complacent..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

I'm more inclined to go to Guitar Guitar in Camden, they have a few things in stock I fancy.

Worst service I've ever had in a guitar shop. I was in there with my wife, and they asked her to get off a guitar stool so they could give it to someone else. Shop was empty, I'm sure they could have found another. And the face that I was looking at >£3000 Ibanez didn't seem to register with them. 

Good stock, but staff were mad rude.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4925
    gusman2x said:

I'm more inclined to go to Guitar Guitar in Camden, they have a few things in stock I fancy.

Worst service I've ever had in a guitar shop. I was in there with my wife, and they asked her to get off a guitar stool so they could give it to someone else. Shop was empty, I'm sure they could have found another. And the face that I was looking at >£3000 Ibanez didn't seem to register with them. 

Good stock, but staff were mad rude.
    I've been there twice; the first time they were really rude and the second time someone was really helpful and chatty.
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    Wunjos are on my blacklist, shame as they have interesting stock 
  • Just been to Guitar Guitar in Camden. Staff were friendly and more than happy for me to try a couple of guitars, good store. There were in fact far more staff than customers, and for a change I was not ignored as happens sometimes. Tried an Ibanez AZ, very very nice indeed.