Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Clearing out

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Only at one point in my life did I have close to something like 10 guitars. 
    Just like clearing out your home can clear your mind, it's the same with guitars. 
    Just don't need so many. It's a joy to play a few good ones (and how much do we REALLY play, and how well..) and a pain to maintain more than a few. That's just me.. I don't want money holed up in guitars that don't get played well enough or long enough and don't want to maintain too many. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    John, I've sent a message on whattsapp regarding the newest build but don't think you've seen it. Have a look for me mate,it's basically finished bar a final buffing
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4173
    edited February 2019
    I've got two at home (plus a bass) at the moment and @lamf68 has got another of mine... I've been thinking for a while though that I should get rid of one... I really can't decide which though, so for the time being I'm keeping them all.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    A nice set of guitars. I need to get rid of some.
  • Only at one point in my life did I have close to something like 10 guitars. 
    Just like clearing out your home can clear your mind, it's the same with guitars. 
    Just don't need so many. It's a joy to play a few good ones (and how much do we REALLY play, and how well..) and a pain to maintain more than a few. That's just me.. I don't want money holed up in guitars that don't get played well enough or long enough and don't want to maintain too many. 
    Even as someone who makes my living from this I have more guitars than I need and I think there's a lot of wisdom in keeping bloat out of a collection.

BUT

If you put coated strings on your rarely-played guitars and keep them in a room where the temperature and humidity are relatively stable, there's not much maintenance. I can pick up a guitar I haven't played for a while and it's fine.

The way my partner and I look at it, some people have a lot of art in their homes; we have guitars. They're on Woody's hangers and part of the decor in each room. They're not depreciating and I can sell them if we ever hit hard times. 
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 80 guitars wow, that’s gotta be a record !

Ive had up to 15 but now it’s more like 6. The older I get the more I hanker for selling some and building a parts guitar, probably some kind of Tele. The Cab looks great  :)
    Paging @HarrySeven :) 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lol. Well over 200...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lol. Well over 200...
    Which led me to your website. All I can say is ‘awesome’ !

I’ll probably spend the rest of the morning looking through it  :)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited February 2019
    Only at one point in my life did I have close to something like 10 guitars. 
    Even as someone who makes my living from this I have more guitars than I need and I think there's a lot of wisdom in keeping bloat out of a collection.

BUT

If you put coated strings on your rarely-played guitars and keep them in a room where the temperature and humidity are relatively stable, there's not much maintenance. I can pick up a guitar I haven't played for a while and it's fine.

The way my partner and I look at it, some people have a lot of art in their homes; we have guitars. They're on Woody's hangers and part of the decor in each room. They're not depreciating and I can sell them if we ever hit hard times. 
    It's a personal thing, I use coated strings and kept them all within easy reach on hangers, I just found having 30 guitars was a distraction and happier with fewer. but each to their own
  • John_A said:
    Grrrr...I want the Cab... B
    Allparts neck, filtertron, guitarbuild body a few bits and off to Rich for some paint.  Relic work doesn't really show up in pics, it's light, but very well done

That's a beauty. Been thinking about the same type of telecaster, but am undecided between a tele neck or a large headtock 70s strat neck (21 or 22 fret)
    Lol. Well over 200...
    Which led me to your website. All I can say is ‘awesome’ !

I’ll probably spend the rest of the morning looking through it  :)
    That’s years out of date...many more added (and a few gone) since then...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14428
    edited February 2019
    HarrySeven said:
    That’s years out of date ... many more added (and a few gone) since then.
    I *may* know where some of them came from and where some of them went.  3

EDIT: I am attempting to have a bit of a clear out myself. Some of the ex-H7 guitars might be exposed to the risk of sale. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • John_A said:
    It's a personal thing, I use coated strings and kept them all within easy reach on hangers, I just found having 30 guitars was a distraction and happier with fewer. but each to their own
    30 would be way more than I could keep on top of. I'm at 12 electrics, and it's my limit. Not to say I own every guitar I want, but I'm pretty determined it's got to be one in one out from now on. Which since I don't want to get rid of any of mine, essentially means none in for the foreseeable.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    edited February 2019
    HarrySeven said:
    That’s years out of date ... many more added (and a few gone) since then.
    I *may* know where some of them came from and where some of them went.  3

EDIT: I am attempting to have a bit of a clear out myself. Some of the ex-H7 guitars might be exposed to the risk of sale. 

Dibs! lol :lol:  :lol: 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wish I had the nerve. I own over 80 guitars but every time I decide to sell one I realise what made me buy it in the first place and so  I keep it.
    Group shot!  Post a group shot!!!
    Aside from the logistics I find it impossible to post pictures on this site . I wish I could as sometimes a picture says a thousand words or something like that.
  • Its refreshing to hear the voice of reason for a change. I have too many guitars, and I still look at more!
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom