Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

All of Steve Vai’s guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    For some reason i find it hard to picture Mr Vai playing this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Just flicking through and some of the JEMs seem to  have very little wood above the monkey grip, I wonder how common it is to have a break there. 
    Well Vai has been using his 'Evo' Jem for 25 years or so now and there's no mention of a breakage there. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14465
    There is method in the madness. Clicking on each guitar identity hyperlink summons up more information - including whether that instrument is for sale. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Stevepage said:
    Just flicking through and some of the JEMs seem to  have very little wood above the monkey grip, I wonder how common it is to have a break there. 
    Well Vai has been using his 'Evo' Jem for 25 years or so now and there's no mention of a breakage there. 
    Presumably if there had been a repair Ibanez wouldn't be advertising it but the monkey grip looks a bit different on different models, might just be an angle of photo thing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Blimey, imagine his what his string orders are like!
    ”Better chuck on a few sets to get free shipping”
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    Stevepage said:
    Yeah the handle's fine, it's just the rest of it....
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    boogieman said:
    Ooo, an AZ in SSS configuration with strat controls...

So basically........... a Strat then?  ;)

Well, a Strat with a thinner neck, stainless frets, Luminlay side dots, massively superior upper fret access, etc etc
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    edited February 2019
    There are some lovely guitars there - nice to see a few Performances, too! Mine is literally the only one I've ever seen :) 

Couple of things surprised me: he's got quite a few signature models... also why does he have a leftie?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    edited February 2019
    There are some lovely guitars there - nice to see a few Performances, too! Mine is literally the only one I've ever seen  

Couple of things surprised me: he's got quite a few signature models... also why does he have a leftie?
    Because he is a freak and can play left and right handed (up to a point).
    Check out the early Vai (maybe with DLR) where he has a dual neck guitar, one on the left and one on the right and he is shredding the arse off both at once.

I hate his taste in acoustics.
  • Even after X years of Jemness I can't see past the Green Meenie. It's legendary. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 863
    Even after X years of Jemness I can't see past the Green Meenie. It's legendary. 
    Me too - and the sticker strat............ 

Wayne charvel used to do recreation green meanies I think under Wayne guitars?

Interesting to read how much Mr vai likes his 50s roadworn strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom