Is the HX Stomp right for me?

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3983
edited February 2019 in FX
I’ve not gigged for a while but want to get back into it.

I sold all my pedals so starting from scratch, buying a board, tuner and 3 or 4 decent pedals is going to cost me more than the HX Stomp.

I’ve never used 6 effects at once so the blocks limit doesn’t bother me. I’m thinking
of getting a two button footswitch so I can use FS 4 and 5 and have a pedalboard replacement.

I like recording so the amp modelling and USB would be useful, and I practice with headphones at night. 

I have sold it to myself correctly?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes. Now get the debit card out. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3983
    edited February 2019
    That’s all needed to hear. Bonus is due, debit card will be used.

• I've just sold my Helix LT and bought one.  It's great, works well with other effects, lets me have some nice analog drives/mods on the same board and gives me backup options if my amp breaks.  Feels better than the LT in that am a stompbox and amp man at heart but the stomp brings great flexibility.

The downside to the LT is you really have to read the manual, it's less intuitive but still a fairly easy learning curve.  Also need to sort the power out, my DC5 wont power it so I'll get something else.

Block wise I'm just using 3, I've taken the tap option away for now on FS3, so probably need to get an external footswitch because 3 effects is the minimum I want lined up.

Currently have mine on a pedaltrain nano plus, although I'll probably expand to a pedaltrain junior (again!!)

But to answer the question, the Stomp is a very good starting point or even complete solution, depending on your requirements.