Banjo tuners for guitar?

What's Hot
Hi all does anyone know any decent banjo style tuners I can use for my guitar? I don't think actual banjo ones will work?
Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2929
    tFB Trader
    When I looked for similar for my Firebird build I didn't have much luck, I'd be interested if you do find anything good. Actual banjo ones, the ratios were no good for guitar. There were Kluson original Firebird type, but big/heavy and pretty pricey. The Klusons on my 2006 Firebird were no good, notchy things.
    I did see a set of Gotoh (pretty sure it was them) ones once but also not cheap
    Gibson won't sell Steinbergers, not even for parts, so I ruled them out too though do like them a lot. insane s/h prices.

Sorry notalot of help but I'd like a source of decent ones myself.
  • @Corvus I have just found some on thomman !Steinberger made for guitar  and will fit grover 10mml holes , they were £100 so a bit expensive bit I think worth it 
    tFB Trader
    Ta! Off to look. Steinies on ebay are more than double that s/h.. so 100 squid not so bad
    tFB Trader
    Ta : )
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8750
    I’ve got a set of these in chrome. I was planning to use them for a headless guitar, but have since gone in a different direction. @Sporky bought them off @TheGuitarWeasel, and I bought them off @Sporky. You can have them for £50, which is what we each payed.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • The Steinberger ones are superb.  They went off the market - hadn't realised they were back.  They look a bit odd but work so,so,so well.  I took off a set of original banjos off a genuine 60's fake Firebird (actually the banjos were also genuine but one was completely knackered) which were functionally awful and the Steinbergers tranformed it.

If they are back on the market I may buy a set just for my bits box!

If you want 5 original banjos and a knackered one, then for a mere kings ransom, they could be yours ;)
  • Aaaaah @Roland I hope @Billkat buys them off you 
    tFB Trader
    Cheers @Strangefan and @Roland nice one. I'm a fair ways from needing any just now, @Andyjr151 over to you, bargain there.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2019 tFB Trader
    Whoever the sausage jockey was, note that 'could do with a source' is not the same as 'need a set of Steinbergers right now', or having the cash to hand, but cheers for the free lol, always nice.
  • @Corvus welcome to the snide side of the fretboard, I posted on a charity request I could only offer a fiver as I hadn't got paid yet and I got a lol for that, rich old men who can buy what ever they want but usually can't play for shit!