SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Tentative WTB: A Fender from 1998

A certain big birthday is coming up (do the maths to guess which one) and part of me is looking for a sentimental piece from the same year.

Only after something Fender-esque (Telecaster preferably, but would also consider a Jaguar or something) and from Mexico or Japan or Korea, nothing Squier or American because it's a bit too rich for my blood (unless someone is willing to drop the price considerably)

Let me see what you guys have!
Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Happy 21st birthday! Probably loads of instruments around from 1998 but unfortunately nothing I'm selling right now. Try searching for '1998' in the classifieds section. You may find something you're after.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14465
    … would also consider a Jaguar …
    IMO, when it comes to Fender Jaguars, “would also consider” is a bit casual. You have to WANT one … if only to get over some of its nuisance factors. (I write this as an AVRI owner.)

… or something …
    Too vague. 

Simon_M said:
    Try searching for '1998' in the classifieds section.
    Good suggestion.

1998 is about right for the Squier Pro Tone series. The basic Stratocaster, Telecaster and Tele Thinline might be worth seeking out. Avoid models with a licensed double locking vibrato.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.