Made in UK rigs

What's Hot

Comments

• Martyn Booth Signature & A Flynn handwired JTM45 clone through a Mongotone 2 X 12 mahogany cab. Very sweet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have an Audio Kitchen amp (2 actually) and a Probett Rocket, with Pete Cornish cables and the odd British fuzz, along with the awesome Castledine supra-vibe. 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2955
    Manson / MATAMP.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    @RaymondLin Jesse is German.

• My amps are WEM.
    Half my pedals are home made. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    edited February 2019
    breadfan said:
    @RaymondLin Jesse is German.
    I know his name is German but I thought he moved here from the States? 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24294
    Barefaced bass cabs. U.K. built cabs but with US speakers in them.

American, Japanese, Indonesian, German, Chinese instruments.

Jaoanese and Finnish amplifiers.

Japanese, Chinese, Dutch, US, Finnish, and 1 UK fx pedal.

Pride in a thing purely because of what country it comes from rather than in the specific quality of the item is nonsensical.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    sweepy said:
    Hydra19 said:
    I bet there's still something chinese in these 'british pride rigs', in the end it is the sound that really matters most, and durability 2nd.
    Doubt there is any Chinese in my Ryder LP and Rift Custom ;)
    Valves?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Few pieces which are a 1959HW head into an original 1973 4x12 with KaBL cables and a couple of Fredric effects pedals.
     Heck of a lot of American made stuff.
  • I used to play my Gordon Smith through my Valvestate 8080 and Laney AOR30. The Marshall burned and the Laney sold. Still got my Sound City 50+ and recently acquired a Carlsbro TC.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I have other non-British stuff too, but I can do an all-British setup...

Guitars: Royal and Manson.

Amps: Cornford.

FX: Pete Cornish and MWFX.

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    edited February 2019
    impmann said:
    sweepy said:
    Hydra19 said:
    I bet there's still something chinese in these 'british pride rigs', in the end it is the sound that really matters most, and durability 2nd.
    Doubt there is any Chinese in my Ryder LP and Rift Custom
    Valves?
    What about the caps, resistors, pots etc? Is anything small like that still built in the uk?
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    I have an Audio Kitchen amp (2 actually) and a Probett Rocket, with Pete Cornish cables and the odd British fuzz, along with the awesome Castledine supra-vibe. 
    Which 2 Audio Kitchens if you don’t mind divulging? Are they as great as their prices suggest?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Well, I still have a broken Watkins Westminster amp but no longer have any old Marshalls.

And apart from small expensive luthiers, British electric guitars have always been a load of old arse.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Marshall said:
    I have an Audio Kitchen amp (2 actually) and a Probett Rocket, with Pete Cornish cables and the odd British fuzz, along with the awesome Castledine supra-vibe. 
    Which 2 Audio Kitchens if you don’t mind divulging? Are they as great as their prices suggest?
    @marshall I have a Combover 17w combo and a The Big Trees. 

Are they worth the money? Well, I sold my Matchless c30 and cab and bought the Combover with money left aside, and no regrets whatsoever...and I’d spent 20 years lusting after and saving for a Matchless. That was about 4 years ago now. The only amp I have significant gas for these days is a Big Chopper or a Little Squirrel, neither if which I can really justify.

The Big Trees is in all honesty the single best, most inspiring and useful piece of musical equipment I’ve ever bought. Honestly priceless for me.

Thats just my opinion though! 
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    Marshall said:
    @marshall I have a Combover 17w combo and a The Big Trees. 

Are they worth the money? Well, I sold my Matchless c30 and cab and bought the Combover with money left aside, and no regrets whatsoever...and I’d spent 20 years lusting after and saving for a Matchless. That was about 4 years ago now. The only amp I have significant gas for these days is a Big Chopper or a Little Squirrel, neither if which I can really justify.

The Big Trees is in all honesty the single best, most inspiring and useful piece of musical equipment I’ve ever bought. Honestly priceless for me.

Thats just my opinion though! 
    Sweet :+1: :grin: 

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    mart said:
    impmann said:
    sweepy said:
    Hydra19 said:
    Valves?
    What about the caps, resistors, pots etc? Is anything small like that still built in the uk?
    You can still buy UK made pots, two companies I can think of.
    for caps and resistors it is easy to avoid chineese supply

I have loads of Made in the UK amps and pedals here, guitars are all USA or Asia though, so will have to remedy that soon
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    mart said:
    impmann said:
    sweepy said:
    Hydra19 said:
    Valves?
    You can still buy UK made pots, two companies I can think of.
    for caps and resistors it is easy to avoid chineese supply

I have loads of Made in the UK amps and pedals here, guitars are all USA or Asia though, so will have to remedy that soon
    I can dust down your build enquiry from 1999........

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    mart said:

I can dust down your build enquiry from 1999........
    Subtle...

.... Maybe
  • darrenpdarrenp Frets: 116

My first choice gigging guitar at the moment is a Bandsman that my son made for me on one of the Bailey Guitars courses, which I plug into a Victory V40 Deluxe with matching vertical 2x12. I have Mojo pickups in a couple of other guitars too, including a Vanquish Mystique.

Also have a Zilla Mini Modern vertical 1x12 on order at the moment.