Another Jason Davis Fake 'Masterbuilt' Neck Strat

What's Hot
Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2410
Not seen one of these for a while. The neck comes from the US where a canny seller starting faking Jason Davis Fender Custom Shop necks and selling them for several hundred dollars on ebay. He sold well over a hundred. This is one of a few that came to the UK. It looks very much like the one that fooled the chaps at Coda a few years back till I intervened. 

Avoid guys. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-USA-62-60-Reissue-strat-Masterbuilt-neck-custom-shop-handwounds-AVRI/143145203972?hash=item21541e7904:g:oDoAAOSw2fRcJ4EY:rk:6:pf:0

I'm not contacting the seller because I cannot be doing with the 'fight'. His tale sounds a bit Enid Blyton already.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looking at the photos, this faker seems to have gone to alot of effort. Just like those Japanese fake shops rolling out vintage Fenders that are still floating about.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Abby pickups don't look right either
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Who would be splitting masterbuilt Fender's for parts anyway, for someone to get just a neck?
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2410
    Jack_ said:
    Who would be splitting masterbuilt Fender's for parts anyway, for someone to get just a neck?
    Exactly but still people bought them. Jason Davis actually built very few Strats in his tenure at the shop. I've only seen a handful of his genuine ones. The seller went to great lengths and actually pretended to be Jason Davis himself using fake accounts/emails etc. 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I read the description.
    You'd think they'd put more originality in.

He says when his mate who runs a top guitar store here in the UK went and bought it, it had its standard Reissue neck and was the best guitar in the shop, even pitted against custom shops. So naturally he changed the neck and pickups.. then sold it. 

Then our ebay seller bloke buys it off him and guess what, its the best strat he's ever played, so he's also selling it. 

He says he doesnt have the neck plate or certificate, which is obviously bullshit. 
    Pretty sure Fender could authenticate a master built neck if this guys best buddy who runs a top end guitar store got in touch with em.

Hell, if this guys mate who used to own this guitar, runs a store of high end instruments, why is this guy selling it on ebay?! 

You'd think his mate would do a favour and take less of a cut to advertise or sell it for him,  rather than paying ebay and paypal fees.. 

But yet, being the best guitar two blokes ever played, the frets are 'not far off new'.

So it hasnt been played much then..    

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I LOLed the above post, but it equally deserved a WIS.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I LOLed the above post, but it equally deserved a WIS.
    Haha it is a funny thing though when you think about it. 

I reckon there always could be legit reasons against it all, but meh, I guess I'm a cynic.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2410

That body doesn't look like a '62 re-issue to me either. Contours look off and so is the finish.