NGD and NAD! Gibson and PRS Content.

New guitar and New Rig day! 

I bought a 335 style Schecter a little while ago, a Corsair Custom but after some of the most ridiculous tuning issues I have ever had on stage with an instrument I took it, and the hard case I purchased for it, back to Andertons and after a small admin fee (I damaged the guitar box and didn't have it to return it in) managed to exchange it and a few quid for this awesome Gibson Studio Elite! 

I've had Studio's before but this far surpasses those! 57 and 57+ classic pups, rosewood fretboard, Bigsby with 'spoiler' and coil taps. On top of that its an awesome tear drop Silverburst finish which looks tons better now the black scratch plate has been removed.

I also traded in my Mesa Dual Rec as Im tired of one lugging it around to gigs and two having sound guys tell me to turn it down when its barely on... So grabbed a PRS Tremonti MT15 and matching cab (as well as a few cheap pedal, TC Mini Spark and Landlord Spinning Room). This thing really sings and although I wanted it for the ridiculous high gain the clean channels really nice and has a fenderish quality... Also props to Andertons they gave me double the trade in value of my Mesa than had been offered to me by PMT (which offered a disgusting small amount) they also price matched GAK on the head and cab! 

After this experience Andertons will now be the only store that gets my business. In my experience the customer experience is unrivalled, even on a busy Saturday, nothing is too much hassle! 

On another note, I have a question about shop etiquette, I was trying the amp out in the boutique/massively expensive room because that is where the guys set me up and whilst I was playing some guy stopped me and asked if he could adjust my settings because he was thinking of buying the amp too. When I refused he got all grumpy and sat unnecessarily close for around 10mins before strolling off... funnily enough I had the amp dialled in the way I like it... Would you ever ask a guy if you could twiddle his knobs whilst testing gear :/
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Gorgeous looking guitar, however you mentioned tuning issue's and went with a Bigsby.
    Hows it fair ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gibson looks cool, nice that the bigsby is already sorted. Amp too, didnt know they made these kind of chassis. 
  • Gorgeous looking guitar, however you mentioned tuning issue's and went with a Bigsby.
    Hows it fair ?
    It's holding its own so far, I think the biggest problem with the Corsairs Bigsby was the fact it was a Far Eastern copy. It certainly feels cheap compared to the 'proper' Bigsby on the LP. 

I had to tune a fair few times at my last gig with the LP but nothing that isn't explained by a new guitar under stage lights with new strings. The corsair the week before has become so unusable tuning wise I had to put it down for 4 songs and just about managed to get it back in tune for the last 2 of our set. I checked the tuning when I got home and it was already out again.

I think it comes down to the actual bridge as well, Ive never had a problem with the Gibson ones but the TOM roller bridge on the Bigsby just wasn't proved deep enough and my bottom E kept coming out of the bridge.
  • Nice guitar!! Conglaturations!
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    That's a beaut.  Well done Sir
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4735
    edited February 2019
    Many congrats on the new gear  @LKV_Jazzmaster ;;...looks great and love the silverburst...not keen about the trem though but I appreciate this is to fit your needs not mine.  :) 're shop etiquette, I'm with you. If I'm trying gear with a view to seriously buying it, this is my time to put it through it's paces. When I'm done they can play around to their hearts content, but I'm checking it out for what I want from the amp, not what someone else might want.  so,  firm but fair I think.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)