Mustang players - advice needed

What's Hot
Morning all. I’m after a bit of advice please... I got a Fender 70’s traditional mustang this week which is great straight out of the box and I’ve gigged both Friday and Saturday. It’s my first ‘stang and I’m enjoying the sound from all the pickups and the feel of the shorter scale but... I keep knocking the pickup switches out of position so my question is... is there an option to fit low profile switches (google doesn’t help) or a way of securing them in position, I’d rather not gaffer tape over them if possible. Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3335
    You can buy lower profile switches. The fender kurt cobain model has them. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    You need to get some longer screws and spacers to lower the switches away from the pickguard.

If this is a MIJ Fender, I think the screw thread is M3. Some 15mm or 20mm screws and a lot of washers should let you get the height exactly where you want them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep, it’s a new Japanese one @ICBM. Cheers, I’ll whip the scratch plate off and check the thread on the screws with my vernier. 
  • Use the J Mascis method - stick a rubber from the end of a pencil in the switch hole to stop it moving.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom