Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA Digital Calipers £2.79 delivered

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Same as above, ordered 24th Feb with delivery 13th - 22nd March & haven"t turned up.
    Got the message saying I couldn"t ask for a refund as the item wasn"t over 3 days late when I checked today ?
    I rang the Amazon 0800 number & got a refund that way.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I ordered mine on the 24th of February - looked at the order status on Amazon today and it says 'your oreder is running late and may be lost', but didn't give me an option of asking for a refund, only contacting the seller for tracking information. I'll give it a couple of days and then phone them for a refund I think
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• UPDATE: just had an email back from the seller, telling me the parcel is probably lost at Customs, and they're going to refund me.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• baldybaldy Frets: 195
    edited March 2019
    I actually specifically wanted plastic calipers as I have stainless ones already & wanted these to measure the length of lithium ion batteries for a hobby of mine, as with my stainless ones I have to remember to put tape over the jaws to stop the batteries shorting.
  •  mines came a week ago, was using today actually!
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2950
    I eventually dug deep enough into Amazon's support pages to find a way to send an email - once I'd done that the refund was agreed within a couple of hours, although it hasn't arrived yet. However the metal digital calipers I ordered from Aldi did just arrive, and I'm pretty happy with those for £7.99. 

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-digital-caliper/p/097103241291600

Somewhere there must be a HM Customs shed littered with digital calipers...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Mine didn’t arrive - but the refund has.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    I got my refund too, wonder if it will still turn up in a couple of weeks?
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    ^^ thanks just ordered the Aldi set. I've asked the Amazon seller for a refund but should have checked his feedback before ordering....many items go missing.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22913
    StewMac or somebody should invent some calipers specifically for measuring guitar necks - without such sharp edges and perhaps with some kind of curve so they cradle the neck more naturally (although that would make it very difficult to zero them accurately).
    The last thing I bought on amazon from China was a small ladies plain black swimsuit. The one that turned up was about four sizes to big and had a skulls & cross bone motif! The wife wasn’t happy. We got the refund no problem though. These companies must lose a fair bit...
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4263
    Iamnobody said:
    The last thing I bought on amazon from China was a small ladies plain black swimsuit. The one that turned up was about four sizes to big and had a skulls & cross bone motif! The wife wasn’t happy. We got the refund no problem though. These companies must lose a fair bit...
    If that was the first time she had seen you in ladies swimwear, it's understandable she wasn't happy. You probably need to break these sort of things a bit more gently, rather than just strut down the stairs in your new cozzy. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lol
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Got mine surprisingly quickly first week in March. They're not too bad at all. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Amazon says mine's been lost  :'(
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18799
    edited April 2019
    They are pretty good value. But I don't use mine as a rule...
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 400
    Yep, likewise. Got a refund.