Rift Amp Aynsley Lister Signature

What's Hot
https://www.andertons.co.uk/rift-amplification-aynsley-lister-signature-35w-2x12-combo-amp-w-plexi-tones-spring-reverb-in-black

Whats your thoughts people? Based on Aynsley’s Marshall 2144. 

Was unlucky this weekend and not able to attend the guitar show. Did anyone else try this amp?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited February 2019
    I tried it and it’s bloody awesome, I’ll probably end up buying one .Hopefully going to pop over to have an extended go on one at Chris’s  workshop
  • I watched him play it on the stage.  Sound thick and bluesy.  
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3865
    edited February 2019
    I'll second that it sounded amazing when Ainsley playing it on stage. Although it's loosely based on a Marshall, it's got its own voice IMO. Doesn't really sound totally like a Marshall to me. Fantastic work from Chris @RiftAmps ;;.

https://www.facebook.com/riftamps/videos/1141886865987336/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Sounded fantastic to me. I heard the Saturday stage demo with Aynsley (and Chris) and it was sweet as.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • The demo on Saturday was amazing and his playing is some of the most chilled out and tasteful that i've ever had the pleasure of hearing live.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 942
    Cheap as chips!
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I tried it, absolutely superb and I’ve NEVER heard a Strat sound that good.

Neville Marten also put one of my Juniors through its paces through it and I was literally beaming from ear to ear, so much so, I’m thinking of chopping my Matchless in for one, SUPERB amp! 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Lebarque said:
    I'll second that it sounded amazing when Ainsley playing it on stage. Although it's loosely based on a Marshall, it's got its own voice IMO. Doesn't really sound totally like a Marshall to me. Fantastic work from Chris @RiftAmps ;;.

Is it based on the 2144 Marshall? If so then its no wonder its not a classic Marshall sound 'cos thats not a classic Marshall circuit.  Pre-amp is more Fenderish
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3865
    hywelg said:
    Lebarque said:

Is it based on the 2144 Marshall? If so then its no wonder its not a classic Marshall sound 'cos thats not a classic Marshall circuit.  Pre-amp is more Fenderish
    I think so, yes. But I'm no expert in such matters.
  • miserneil said:

Neville Marten also put one of my Juniors through its paces through it and I was literally beaming from ear to ear, so much so, I’m thinking of chopping my Matchless in for one, SUPERB amp! 
    Wow it must be good then as I know how you’ve raved about matchless which are awesome amps too
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    It really goes sound fruity and articulate, usually a tricky combo to get right, everyone who had a go left with a silly grin 
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1015
    edited February 2019
    Spot the typo on the Anderton's page!
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3157
    tFB Trader
    hywelg said:
    Is it based on the 2144 Marshall?
    We started with Ayn's three original 2144s (which don't sound like other 2144s anyway) as a loose starting point and developed it from there. The only thing this now has in common with a 2144 is the basic circuit architecture, the rest remarkably different, especially the reverb circuit.

Lebarque said:
    hywelg said:
    If so then its no wonder its not a classic Marshall sound 'cos thats not a classic Marshall circuit.  Pre-amp is more Fenderish
    Actually, the preamp in this is VERY early JMP, but hot-rodded. Nothing Fendery about it sans the anode-follower tone stack.

miserneil said:

Thanks, Neil, such kind words :)

The demo on Saturday was amazing and his playing is some of the most chilled out and tasteful that i've ever had the pleasure of hearing live.
    That's very kind of you to say, the reception was fantastic and Chris Buck helped show off the versatility of the thing.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited February 2019
    Needless to say I want one of these now. Damnit I need to come into some money quick  It's the weight of a 2x12 that would worry me but one can always get a head version and a couple of neo speakers in a cab I guess. What is the weight of the 2x12 combo out of interest @RiftAmps ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Heres a quick video I grabbed of Neville Marten trying my '59 DC Model through the Rift AL Signature. It sounds great...but magnify that by 10 when you're in the room with it. SERIOUS tone! :D 

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Spot the typo on the Anderton's page!

The Governer? Never heard of that one before. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • official video demo soon we hope!

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3157
    tFB Trader
    official video demo soon we hope!

Yes, very soon!
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• gutted i didn't splurge on the Vibro35 that was FS on here tbh
    edited February 2019
    The Combo is stunning, spent an hour deafening Chris with my Ryder LP and Gibson 335, it seriously is one hell of a dynamic amp. needless to say it shows up any sloppy playing which is a good thing in my book as it gets your arse in gear
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom