ES 335 Custom Made Plaque

What's Hot
Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2228
I was thinking of removing the plastic 'Custom Made' plaque from my 335 (with factory Bigsby).  Partly because I'm not keen on the look and partly because I would like to switch back on forth between the Bigsby and stop bar.  

But I'm just wondering whether there will be pre-drilled holes under there or not?  Could I damage anything by prising the plaque off?  

Thanks !
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    I'm no expert, but I believe all the bodies are all made/drilled the same before some are later selected to have a bigsby, so the theory is all have the holes and the plate was to cover them.  Not sure if that carries through to the latest models though.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    Could be worth emailing Gibson support with the serial number. They keep all this information
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2228
    ESBlonde said:
    I'm no expert, but I believe all the bodies are all made/drilled the same before some are later selected to have a bigsby, so the theory is all have the holes and the plate was to cover them.  Not sure if that carries through to the latest models though.
    Thats what I was assuming.....
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2228
    I will just rip it off tonight I think.  What's the worst that can happen?  
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6932
    Fishboy7 said:

It deflates??
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Fishboy7 said:
    I don't know, but, I look forward to pictures ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13965
    edited February 2019
    I would leave it on, I've heard that It says "Made in China" underneath.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom