SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Epiphone 335. Potential project guitar ON HOLD

What's Hot
benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1397
edited February 2019 in Guitars £
Hi, I've been toying with selling this for a while as it just does not get any use anymore and I need to raise some cash.

I have a blonde Epiphone 335 that I bought back in 2005 (approx) Comes with original hardcase BUT it needs a bit of care and attention to get it back into shape. Not many massive issues but the main points are as follows;
  • No sound when pickup selector is in the bridge pickup setting. Pretty sure this is an issue with the selector switch rather than the pickup
  • Lots of body wear/damage. Nothing major, just lots of dings and knocks. Just needs a polish up and a bit of guitar cleaner 
  • Frets need a good clean
  • For the past 5-6 years it has had a set of 13's on it and has been largely unplayed so may require some truss rod attention? But will definately need restringing and some form or set up.  
I will gladly upload some images but thought that I would guage opinion on whether anyone would be interested in purchasing beforehand. I used to gig this guitar quite regular and it was always a good player and honestly sounded great. It just needs someone to put a bit of time and knowledge into sorting it out, unfortunately I have neither!

If anyone is interested I am based in Burnley, East Lancashire. Happy to meet within maybe a 30 mile-ish radius or it can be collected from my home address. I will not ship, even though its knackered I'd rather it not get trashed or lost!

Say £150 as a guide price but please feel free to point me in the right direction if I'm miles out!

link to pics

https://imgur.com/a/iLyHv6q
How very rock and roll
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Interested.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14646
    No sound when pickup selector is in the bridge pickup setting. Pretty sure this is an issue with the selector switch rather than the pickup
    It will be one of those cheap, nasty efforts with the moving parts enclosed in a metal box. 

I will gladly upload some images but thought that I would gauge opinion on whether anyone would be interested in purchasing beforehand. 
    Interested.
    So, post some pics. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • @Funkfingers ;

Not sure I care for your tone of voice but pictures have now been uploaded. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you want to purchase. 
    How very rock and roll
  • paul111spaul111s Frets: 121
    Postage?

• I will not ship, even though its knackered I'd rather it not get trashed or lost!

How very rock and roll
    @Funkfingers Not sure I care for your tone of voice 
    Please yerself. 

Perhaps, I should have expressed myself monosyllabically, like H7 and paul111s?  :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Funkfingers Not sure I care for your tone of voice 
    Please yerself. 

Perhaps, I should have expressed myself monosyllabically, like H7 and paul111s?  :)

Tbh I’d settle for civil regardless of syllable count, I live in hope....
    How very rock and roll

I will not ship, even though its knackered I'd rather it not get trashed or lost!

Ahhh missed that bit! Cheers 
    edited February 2019
    paul111s said:
    Yes

@Funkfingers Not sure I care for your tone of voice 
    Please yerself. 

Yes :-)
  • on hold pending full payment
    How very rock and roll
    paul111s said:
    Yes :-)
    Ithenkew.  =)