Strat pickguards

What's Hot
HaychHaych Frets: 5654
Are all 11 hole Strat pickguards the same???

I have a MIJ 62 reissue coming in next week which will need a new pickguard, amongst other things - I'm a bit scared of getting the wrong bits for it.

TIA

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    No - there are at least 2 variations. There is the modern style, like this: https://www.axesrus.co.uk/Pickguard-For-Fender-Strat-p/arumodpgstrat.htm

and an earlier style, like this: https://www.axesrus.co.uk/Pickguard-Suitable-for-1959-1963-Fender-Strat-p/aru60spg.htm

The difference is basically just in the placement of one fixing screw, on the bass side between neck and middle pickup, at least as far as I'm aware. So I'm guessing your MIJ may have the earlier version, but the two versions apparently overlapped time-wise, so best to check specifically which is correct for your guitar. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12399
    If you are not buying from fender I think @Alegree ; does a template you can print off on his website (sorry if I made that up!)
  • I just took the pickguard off a newly purchased '95 MIJ strat and found holes next to holes and some of the screws going in at an angle. I presume I therefore have the wrong pickguard so be careful.
  • It’s probably better to cough up the extra cash and try and get a genuine Fender replacement. I’ve rarely found an aftermarket pick guard that fits perfectly although they usually fit with a bit of adjustment or drilling extra holes in the body. Nobody will ever know about the extra screw holes but you will.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12399
    It’s probably better to cough up the extra cash and try and get a genuine Fender replacement. I’ve rarely found an aftermarket pick guard that fits perfectly although they usually fit with a bit of adjustment or drilling extra holes in the body. Nobody will ever know about the extra screw holes but you will.
    To be fair I have bought a number of aftermarket pickguards for three strats and a tele and they all fit with no additional drilling required.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom