Boss PS-3 Delivered

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457

Well it arrived from Italy, in pretty good nick and all for €75 - if all is well and it’s not fooked then it’s a bargain IMHO
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
    Try Mode 8, double detune, with  one control slightly flat and the other slightly sharp, it's. heavenly sound, worth the admission price alone.
  • JezWynd said:
    Try Mode 8, double detune, with  one control slightly flat and the other slightly sharp, it's. heavenly sound, worth the admission price alone.
    Brilliant thanks @JezWynd! here's hoping both modes 7 and 8 work, where do the dials have to be?
    JezWynd said:
    Brilliant thanks @JezWynd! here's hoping both modes 7 and 8 work, where do the dials have to be?
    From the PS-3 Manual -

I find that's too exaggerated though, tweak the two middle controls to be a bit nearer 12 o'clock.

Manual found here -

http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/PS-3_OM.pdf
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    JezWynd said:
    From the PS-3 Manual -

I find that's too exaggerated though, tweak the two middle controls to be a bit nearer 12 o'clock.

Manual found here -

http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/PS-3_OM.pdf
    Cheers for those!
  • its all about mode 7!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    JezWynd said:
    This. 
    I love the PS3, it’s the best chorus-but-not-a-chorus pedal ever. Mike Stern in a box.

Not literally, that would be horrific.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    its all about mode 7!

Ahhhh yes, HCFX in 2007... a great place
  • So the Boss PS-3 is one of the best noise makers I’ve laid my hands on, but just a few questions on the digital delay settings.  I don’t know if this is how they are supposed to sound or if it’s just my complete lack of knowledge but there seems to be or it feels like there is a bit of latency issue with all the delay modes in 1-3? Especially in mode 3 the longer delay setting. Basically it doesn’t quite function like the delays on my DD-7, is this normal?
    A massive thumbs up to the slapback settings, in modes 1-2 it sounds remarkably like a dirty tape echo and with a bit of dirt added I was able to replicate the solo from U2/The Fly. Hope this makes sense. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    its all about mode 7!

Like Mario Kart :)
  • joeyowen said:
    its all about mode 7!

Ahhhh yes, HCFX in 2007... a great place

So much fun, shame it's dead.
    What ever happened to robopimp?

So the Boss PS-3 is one of the best noise makers I’ve laid my hands on, but just a few questions on the digital delay settings.  I don’t know if this is how they are supposed to sound or if it’s just my complete lack of knowledge but there seems to be or it feels like there is a bit of latency issue with all the delay modes in 1-3? Especially in mode 3 the longer delay setting. Basically it doesn’t quite function like the delays on my DD-7, is this normal?
    A massive thumbs up to the slapback settings, in modes 1-2 it sounds remarkably like a dirty tape echo and with a bit of dirt added I was able to replicate the solo from U2/The Fly. Hope this makes sense. 
    Can’t say I noticed any latency, though it’s a while since I had the PS-3. It was never my favourite delay, the sound is a bit steely and bland iirc but quite good enough to use if nothing else available. Think i’m right in saying it uses a different delay chip to other Boss delays, perhaps it’s this you are hearing.