Is this worth more than £50 ?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/guitarexchange/?fref=nf

Seems too cheap to me ?
“Ken sent me.”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    It looks very messed with, the paint and the swell stuff has clearly all gone. The wiring isn't original and the board looks nothing at all like mine - something else dropped in maybe? Praps they changed with time and it is some Colorsound board, don't know. I got mine for £55 and would say that was low/lucky. But £50 for a repainted shell with suspect internals, I wouldn't myself.
  • Corvus said:
    It looks very messed with, the paint and the swell stuff has clearly all gone. The wiring isn't original and the board looks nothing at all like mine - something else dropped in maybe? Praps they changed with time and it is some Colorsound board, don't know. I got mine for £55 and would say that was low/lucky. But £50 for a repainted shell with suspect internals, I wouldn't myself.
    At first i thought it was an original, but looks like you are correct only worth £50 
    “Ken sent me.”
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4923
    Well, they were regarded as rubbish pedals back in the day, but Macaris have resurrected the brand and they ain't cheap now!

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited February 2019
    I had an original Colorsound Wah-Fuzz-Swell back in 1976. Cost £20. The Fuzz was a bit dubious.

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited February 2019
    I've commented on that in FB. It's a colorsound shell, I reckon the colour is original, mechanism is, the circuit board and wiring isn't.

I think someone has built a wah (although I can't make out an inductor) into an old colorsound shell.

Edit: checked all the pics, found the inductor, it's a wah.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    There is a coloursound inductorless wah. Doesn’t sound much like an inductor-based type but they’re out there. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    but swell is not wah...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    my concern would be someone buys it and then some poor sod thinks he has purchased a vintage pedal 
    Yep, it's time people realised there was a lot of shyte gear about years ago as well as some cracking stuff. Age is no measure of quality, although stuff that survives might do so because it's good, it might also be because t was never used.