Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Top 5 favourite musical genres?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9819
    ICBM said:
    thecolourbox said:

The genres in my iTunes library are:

1. Classical
    2. Modern

;)
    That's pretty good.

But do you have any Gershwin? :)
    Yes loads, that comes under either or depending on the interpretation. The recordings of Gershwin actually playing his own stuff is under classical though as far as I can recall
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Classification, as many have said, is a difficult one. A lot of what I like now seems to be branded Art Rock or Alternative Rock - this could encompass anyone from Pink Floyd, Bowie, Roxy Music, The Beatles, Anna Calvi, U2 or Kate Bush and St Vincent.
    I just like what I like. Yesterday, for example, I listened to The Who, Charlie Mingus, Iron Maiden and then All Saints. Make of that what you will.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    What I listen to most... Keeping it simple:
    1)  Psytrance -- mainly for long car journeys cos it's upbeat and I like the noises
    2)  Electronic dub-like stuff on a spectrum into downtempo verging on ambient -- mainly at home
    3)  Alt. Indie -- basically my dustbin catch all genre into which I stick a lot of post rock too.  Anything where a guitar isn't sounding like a bloke in a guitar shop.
    3)  Jamaican stuff from the 60s and 70s -- nostalgia ska, rocksteady, roots reggae
    4)  Some classic rock -- more nostalgia
    5)  Pop -- older stuff I guess cos the newer stuff I lump into (3)
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited March 2019
    A lot of music. (perhaps, really, when it comes down to it, too many to name or list).

There's what I play, sounds that I produce with what I play and everything, and then there's what I listen to, which, is so much more than what I sound like as a musician.

That said, if I ever did play on a song, it'll still be me, so it'll be my sound, my body, my gear; Me, but I'd happily fusion it with another genre if I liked it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    1.) Tool
      2.) Metal
      3.) Rock
      4.) Triphop
       5.) Nick Cave
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ