Where to buy pedalboard tape and standoffs?

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7502
Where do we like for these things? 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You can get pedalboard tape from the Gigrig website although I imagine it’s ridiculously overpriced from them. Try searching eBay for 3M Dual love tape as I believe that’s what it is anyways? I may be wrong. 

The self adhesive standoffs are readily available on eBay for a couple of quid. 
    How very rock and roll
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7502
    I shall Google "love tape" forthwith ;-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I googled 'love tape' and ended up on an S&M Fetish site. You can imagine my horror.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tape from Amazon. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    Dual lock from Amazon :)
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    TimmyO said:
    I shall Google "love tape" forthwith ;-) 
    Hahaha damn auto correct!
    How very rock and roll
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    ah, good question, what width do people get for the pedaltrain rails? (sorry for the high jack, last time I bought Velcro it ended up being half the width)
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Theres no such thing as pedalboard tape...”that pedal show” keeps referring to it, to make it sound like its something special. 

its just dual lock tape, Velcro make it and 3M makes it too...you can get it from most hardware shops or amazon.
    samzadgan said:
    Theres no such thing as pedalboard tape...”that pedal show” keeps referring to it, to make it sound like its something special. 

its just dual lock tape, Velcro make it and 3M makes it too...you can get it from most hardware shops or amazon.
    Aye I know that.

i was hoping someone had a source cheaper than£10 or so a metre but that was about the best I could find so ordered some from Amazon
    Red ones are better. 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    TimmyO said:
    samzadgan said:

Aye I know that.

i was hoping someone had a source cheaper than£10 or so a metre but that was about the best I could find so ordered some from Amazon
    Ah...ok, my bad.

thats pretty expensive...i buy it from bunnings (big chain harware store in Australia) for cheaper than that...uk equivalent is b&q?
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    samzadgan said:
    TimmyO said:
    samzadgan said:

Aye I know that.

Ah...ok, my bad.

thats pretty expensive...i buy it from bunnings (big chain harware store in Australia) for cheaper than that...uk equivalent is b&q?
    B&Q doesn't have sausage sizzle on a Sunday. A highlight of my recent oz trip.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5053
    Forgive the ignorance but what are the ‘standoffs’ used for?

You can get pedalboard tape from the Gigrig website although I imagine it’s ridiculously overpriced from them. Try searching eBay for 3M Dual love tape as I believe that’s what it is anyways? I may be wrong. 

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7780
    Ps. You need very little dual lock
     A quarter of what you'd use with normal velcro
    Forgive the ignorance but what are the ‘standoffs’ used for?

You can get pedalboard tape from the Gigrig website although I imagine it’s ridiculously overpriced from them. Try searching eBay for 3M Dual love tape as I believe that’s what it is anyways? I may be wrong. 

For attaching zip-ties to hold waywatlrd patch and power cables still. 

If you use a lift out board with cabling underneath (a la Pedaltrain, Rockboard etc) it's easy to accidentally dislodge something and find out at the most inconvenient time.

Red ones are better.