SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

NOW SORTED - Mexican Fender, or possibly Squire

SparksSparks Frets: 29
edited March 2019 in Guitars £
I'm going to start having some lessons, which means cycling a few miles across town after work with a guitar. I don't want to take my US Strat this way so I'm after something more sensible. Anyone in London have a Mexican Tele or Strat, or possibly a Squire, and gig bag for sale? Dings and scratches not an issue, just looking for a good affordable player. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a Vintage brand Strat that would be perfect for the job! 

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Hi mate ,classic vibe tele 50s mint can sort a gig bag out for £20 so £325 delivered.
  • @sparks Pmed you 
  • SparksSparks Frets: 29
    Got any pics?
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Sparks said:
    Got any pics?
    if its mine you want pics i will send you some 4pm as im at work now 
    cheers
    Mark
    Up for seeing whatever people have really. Popped into guitar shop on Old Street today at lunch and found a nice new Mex Tele with a big chip in the finish - thought it might be up for a discount but apparently they just send them back to Fender when they’re damaged in transport. They just hadn’t noticed the chip... So I’m still hunting. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    (A squire could help you with your horse.)

I have got a Squier Strat which you can have for £50, if you like; they play just like a USA Fender, except every little part and nuance isn't quite as good.

No gig bag though, so you'd have to source one of those.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4044
    edited February 2019
    Squire Tele + gig bag
    London (East)
    £140

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Picked up the red Strat from Paul after work on the way to my guitar building course. Just got home and cleaned it, oiled the fretboard, popped some new Ernie Balls on and set up a nice low action. Think this’ll be the perfect bike guitar! Looking forward to plugging it in tomorrow at a more neighbour-friendly hour to give it a go. Thanks Paul!