Anyone else use the TC Mimiq Mini?

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
One arrived yesterday, must say I'm quite impressed with it, I prefer the slackest setting on the tightness pot, its quite subtle but you can deffo tell it doing its thing.......
Folk say the maxi size pedal is pants in mono, but the Mini is mono only so I guess they address the mono issue
Anyone else using one?
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    For me, the mono-ness definitely defeats the point of the Mimiq's function - and, more to the point, I only ever use it to provide a single extra "guitar", and I want to send that extra signal to a different amp/cab combination. I definitely wouldn't use the Mini on that basis :(
    <space for hire>
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Have been half interested in one of these, but not tried one out yet. Interesting point about about not so good in mono, I often use a stereo set up at home, but not to gig. I wondering whether the Mimiq would really offer anymore than I can get from an ADT style delay settings on my Boss DD500?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    For me, the mono-ness definitely defeats the point of the Mimiq's function - and, more to the point, I only ever use it to provide a single extra "guitar", and I want to send that extra signal to a different amp/cab combination. I definitely wouldn't use the Mini on that basis :(
    Good point, but the I guess it depends on what you want to achieve...I like the way it thickens up the sound, in your case to sound like two guitars, different amps makes total sense....
    Interesting how a pedal can be put to such different uses....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Octafish said:
    Have been half interested in one of these, but not tried one out yet. Interesting point about about not so good in mono, I often use a stereo set up at home, but not to gig. I wondering whether the Mimiq would really offer anymore than I can get from an ADT style delay settings on my Boss DD500?
    I have no idea what ADT delay is! 
    The Mimiq is more than just very short delay to my old lugs.....no idea what though!

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited March 2019
    paulnb57 said:

Octafish said:
    The Mimiq is more than just very short delay to my old lugs.....no idea what though!
    Ah sorry, Artificial Double Tracking. It's an old studio trick using a very short delay (around 25ms) with a single repeat to create the impression of doubled up instrument/vocal etc. The Beatles used it a lot, it embiggens everything =) .
    Octafish said:
    paulnb57 said:

Octafish said:
    Ah sorry, Artificial Double Tracking. It's an old studio trick using a very short delay (around 25ms) with a single repeat to create the impression of doubled up instrument/vocal etc. The Beatles used it a lot, it embiggens everything =) .
    Thanks for the explanation! I giess the Mimiq is TC's take on ADT....

• DominicDominic Frets: 16097
    edited March 2019
    I loved the stereo and 2 amp spread of sound of the larger unit but I could never escape the way it was created  ie;the slightly staccato slapback delay effect which started to bug me.......sounded too hollow
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    Dominic said:
    I loved the stereo and 2 amp spread of sound of the larger unit but I could never escape the way it was created  ie;the slightly staccato slapjack delay effect which started to bug me.......sounded too hollow
    Yeah...when I'm recording, I tend to move the second track slightly forwards, so that sometimes it's ahead of the original and sometimes behind.

Obviously, that's not an option for live stuff without changing the laws of physics.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grayngrayn Frets: 880
    I have the mini Mimiq and the only way I could get a good sound was by using plenty of crunch, with a loose setting and a post effect signal boost.  Other than that, I don't like it at all.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Yes liked the idea of the stereo Mimiq model, but have read mixed reports on these and to the point where you can mimic/create your own effect with a couple of delays and a pair of amps.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>