Dan Reed Network

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Dug out Slam and had it on in the car. Might be going back to the dusty end of the CD shelf now. The synth pads, the gated drums, the pointless slap bass, the processed guitars - it's like an archetype of what was bad about 1980s production. Not many of the songs are strong enough to survive the treatment. Clearly talented people but time has not been kind to that record. Although I have been humming Seven Sisters Road a lot, that's a real cracker. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22894
    Dug out Slam and had it on in the car. Might be going back to the dusty end of the CD shelf now. The synth pads, the gated drums, the pointless slap bass, the processed guitars - it's like an archetype of what was bad about 1980s production. Not many of the songs are strong enough to survive the treatment. Clearly talented people but time has not been kind to that record. Although I have been humming Seven Sisters Road a lot, that's a real cracker. 
    That was my fear... that said, I did listen to a few of the re-worked tracks on Origins the other day and I still prefer the original versions.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    To be fair, a band that was touted as sounding like a cross between bon Jovi and prince is quite likely to sound dated now.

I love how YouTube can let you see this type of old footage though. Great for a trip down memory lane.