The Noveltones - Left Bank Two

RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
edited March 2019 in Music
Aah...childhood TV...no phones, no social media....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited March 2019
    FFS did no-one else watch Vision On as a kid?

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6690
    edited March 2019
    We can't return any of your paintings but we do give a prize for all those we show. Famous words from the wonderful Pat Keysell. And of course Tony Hart. And Wilf Lunn. And Sylveste McCoy. 

Great show, I loved the music when I was a kid too. 

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2641
    I was listening to a Vision On playlist on Spotify a couple of months ago, musing on how ironic it is that a television programme designed to be inclusive to deaf kids is mostly remembered these days for the music. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Do you remember those wonderful musetrap type contraptions Wilf Lunn used to make for the end of the show. A grown man was paid money to do that as his job. Fantastic!

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I remember Vision On. One of those programmes that seemed to be for other people, not because of the sign language but because no adult ever sat with me and encouraged me to do art work and send it in.
    There was a lad I went to school with called Ian and I went to his house a couple of times. He had Blue Peter annuals, signed photos of the presenters and a Blue Peter badge ( for collecting milk bottle tops or something). It was a bit weird and he was a bit weird ( his older sister had died of leukemia and he had the world's most over protective parents) but it was my first bit of evidence that people actually interacted with these programmes. 

Years later I drove a Magpie*  mini bus ( these had been bought by funds raised by viewers) when I worked for Mencap. It was getting on a bit then and horrendously un PC with the big Magpie and Mencap logos on the side. Almost certainly the worst vehicle I have ever driven. Circa 1980 mini bus, LDV or something like that I think, with no power steering, didn't really do hills, had a gear stick with a mind of it's own. 

* TV show of the same era as Vision On for anyone trying to keep up. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.