SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Collectors Choice #26 Whitford Burst 1959 /R9 with Upgrades

What's Hot
BeanoBeano Frets: 30
edited March 2019 in Guitars £

Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Collectors Choice #26 Whitford Burst with Upgrades. Amazing replica of Brad Whitfords 1959 Les Paul. Bought new by myself from Anderton’s in June 2014. Had a choice of 4 CC models ( Redeye, Louis and another Whitford ) but this one was 100% love at first sight. It played and felt absolutely spot on. Beautiful 3D flame and grain on the maple top , weighs dead on 9lbs on my digital scales. Amazing dark rosewood fretboard that looks just like the original Brazilian boards used back in the day. Incredible relic job on this also. I have upgraded the pickups to OX4 low winds ( double creams ) and put a set of vintage correct shape Montreaux Time Machine PAF covers on them . Also has real buyturite bone coloured pickup rings and vintage style true taper ( VTT ) pots from Crazy Parts in Germany. NOS vintage Russian military 0.022uF paper in oil caps have also been installed. I do not have the original parts that I took out for the upgrades ( except the plastic pickup surrounds ). These were all sold on to offset the cost of upgrading the original parts. Comes with original case,case candy and original shipping carton.

Located near Cardiff for pick up / collection. 

Would like £4750 ovno for this.

https://imgur.com/a/MaGFdPN

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lovely guitar and a fair price GLWTS 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeanoBeano Frets: 30
    Cheers mate, appreciate your comments , and yes, it is a really good price compared to other Cc’s on the market at the moment.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    Welcome to the Forum.... Consider this your first Wow..... Fantastic looking Guitar GLWTS  :)
    Cheers buddy, will be sorry to see it go but it’s just sitting in it’s case under the bed unplayed nowadays, and there’s always other things to spend money on , especially when you’ve just moved into a new house
  • Great seller here guys , a very good friend of mine and the Les Paul is absolutely unbelievable, I’ve never played anything like it. If only I had the cash
    Cheers Rod, I’ll pay you the tenner for the kind words tomorrow
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 246
    lovely les paul my fav colour ;)
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Wow..I’d seriously have to consider selling my huber Krautster 2 to raise some funds for this beauty
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I thought I'd do my good deed for the day and embed some of the photos for the OP as it's too lush to hide behind a linky:

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks Mctoot, couldn’t figure out how to do that myself I’m afraid . Plenty more pics in the original link also guys :-)
  • That's the one I'd have were money not an option. Great colour!
    Guitar sold to Sherpa_man . Thank you Chris.
    Thanks for all the interest and offers guys.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom