Crybaby Way true bypass + LED

What's Hot
Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
Has anybody completed this mod themselves? 

I'm going to attempt it tonight following a wiring diagram from youtube.

Looks easy but any tips would be welcome!

Cheers :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1385
    never bothered with the LED but the instructions on Stu Castledine's site are nice and clear. Also, mods to make it sound better!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
    Thanks Bill!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7520
    did it some years back - I recall I made a bit of a mess and ended up lifting a couple of PCB tracks! Managed to repair it in the end though. 

Also I recall that a couple of different sites recommended lifting the 9v for the LED form different places on the circuit and one was better than the other (one left me with popping noise on activation, the other didn't) so worth checking/googling about that :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    ??? You don’t need to swap the pot. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72505
    edited March 2019
    gringopig said:

I didn't do the LED mod as the Gods of Wah would lock me in a bamboo cage for ever. It's not as if you wonder whether it's on or not!
    You’ve clearly not had the familiar gig experience of wondering why your tone has gone to shit, fiddling with the guitar and the amp, finding nothing obvious wrong, giving up and just making the best of it through the next song, then finally realising you’ve left the wah on, then...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited July 2020
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7520
    ICBM said:
    gringopig said:

I didn't do the LED mod as the Gods of Wah would lock me in a bamboo cage for ever. It's not as if you wonder whether it's on or not!
    You’ve clearly not had the familiar gig experience of wondering why your tone has gone to shit, fiddling with the guitar and the amp, finding nothing obvious wrong, giving up and just making the best of it through the next song, then finally realising you’ve left the wah on, then...

I did this for half a day at a music workshop lol 
    Red ones are better. 
    edited July 2020
    ICBM said:

gringopig said:
    bbill335 said:
    ??? You don’t need to swap the pot. 
    The pot was crunchy!
    Haha ok that makes sense  :)
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    ICBM said:
    gringopig said:

I have, on more than one occasion, and I'm sure not for the last time either...