NAMM guitars

What's Hot
Quick question on fender custom shop guitars.  Specifically NAMM show guitars.

Do NAMM guitars typically get a higher spec than a non NAMM?

I've seen a few advertised for sale and was trying to work out if they are better than a non NAMM 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4263
    Quite probable that you get different spec. guitars at NAMM, prob called NAMM Specials etc. But the spec. is the spec. Just need to compare to other models in the regular range of whatever manufacturer it is. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5423
    Remember NAMM models will often have had more handling in three days than most PRS Private Stocks will have in their entire lifetime...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    Namm Special guitars are models available to order at the show if you can put your card in them on the dealer evening and see whether you get it in the lottery. Spec wise they're no better than a regular model but often have interesting finishes /pickup combinations and stuff they wouldn't necessarily put on a guitar that they were going to make for a year. 
    This year at the Dealer Showcase event on the night before Namm opened pretty much the whole stand was taken up with Namm Specials, the 2019 range and Masterbuilt models, the next day most of them were gone save the Masterbuilt guitars and the 2019 Collection  and the Custom Shop guitars were roped off to stop them getting whacked around.
     We've got some of them on order and a couple of stand guitars on the way and I expect pretty much all of the other Custom Shop dealers have too. There were a lot of different guitars available, so we may well have chosen different guitars to Peach, Guitars 4 You , Guitar Guitar and Guitar Village, plus we and a few other dealers spec out our own guitars based the most popular options or think will be cool..
    Hope this helps..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14266
    edited March 2019 tFB Trader
    DougCoda said:

We've got some of them on order and a couple of stand guitars on the way and I expect pretty much all of the other Custom Shop dealers have too. There were a lot of different guitars available, so we may well have chosen different guitars to Peach, Guitars 4 You , Guitar Guitar and Guitar Village, plus we and a few other dealers spec out our own guitars based the most popular options or think will be cool..
    Hope this helps..
    That about sums it up - this year the NAMM price listed featured about 200 models, with various colour options as well - Granted nearly all based on your best selling re-CBS models - But what I choose to order will probably be different to what the other UK CS dealers will order

All are nicely spec'd - But again Coda, Peach, GG, myself and others will order our own 'custom creations' from the CS 'ala carte' menu - All highly spec'd - So all similar but different

So yes we can match the spec of a NAMM Guitar on a one off order if required

I have around 70 CS guitars on order for 2019 delivery - 25 or so will be from the NAMM Collection and the rest custom spec'd by me, from the CS 'ala carte menu'

Whitecat said:
    Remember NAMM models will often have had more handling in three days than most PRS Private Stocks will have in their entire lifetime...
    Most guitars on display at NAMM are one off show display models, especially the Custom Shop selection - We order from this selection and wait 6-8 months for stock to arrive - So our stock is not the 'handled' display model - Only the unique Masterbuilt models tend to be the isolated one offs that you actually buy from the show
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2381
    I've owned three actual NAMM display Fender....can't say they were any better than normal Custom Shop guitars and back then years ago they didn't actually cost me anymore money than the comparable guitar would have done. 
    There's an older NAMM display Esquire thats recently been imported by a UK dealer and bumped up to a lofty price, sad thing is its had the pickguard changed since to a black one and they don't know....but I was there that year and have the pics of it on display lol.