Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Weld (1991)

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    edited March 2019
    I absolutely love Neil's guitar tones especially Cortez The Killer,  I also enjoy the likes of Doug Martsch/Built To Spill who are of similar ilke, they are one of the best live bands I've seen
    Doug Martsch definitely influenced by Neil Young, If you can spare 19 mins or so Built To Spill did a fine cover of Cortez the Killer, it’s a live recording from about 2000, the guitars are absolutely sublime and it goes on for ages.  

https://youtu.be/TNOvqFISxIc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3083
    @rivercider My old boss is a massive fan from the early 70s and described Ragged Glory as "just one of his albums.. ordinary". I was waxing about it's effect on grunge etc. but I reckon it's a return to form. 

I must admit I've lost track of him in the last 5-6 years.. he's still releasing a lot of stuff.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    @rivercider My old boss is a massive fan from the early 70s and described Ragged Glory as "just one of his albums.. ordinary". I was waxing about it's effect on grunge etc. but I reckon it's a return to form. 

I must admit I've lost track of him in the last 5-6 years.. he's still releasing a lot of stuff.
    I got to Neil Young by listening to Meat Puppets, midway through my US punk stage.....the guy in Revolver Records here in Bristol told me the Pups were influenced by NY. Ragged Glory just got released at the right time for me I think. Roger in Revolver pointed me and my mates in a great number of rewarding musical directions, back in those pre internet days. I thank him for that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom