SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Rolling Stones signed strat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Looking at sold listings on eBay they certainly sign a lot of guitars. Looks like the sold ones went for anything between £500 to about £1.5k
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m sure they have signed loads of stuff they are one of the biggest bands in the world and have bin around for decades I think the guitars your looking at for £1500 will be for just one of there signatures not all 4 but thanks for the input from everybody. 
    Regards josh.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    @archie090612 , going by your username, I'm guessing you must be approaching your 7th birthday. I only say this as my 7 year old just like yourself has absolutely no concept of money or monetary value either. Just so you know, £8000 can buy a big persons car, or 2867 happy meals.

16reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7930
    MikeS said:
    @archie090612 , going by your username, I'm guessing you must be approaching your 7th birthday. I only say this as my 7 year old just like yourself has absolutely no concept of money or monetary value either. Just so you know, £8000 can buy a big persons car, or 2867 happy meals.
    And a lot of Mexican strats!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    I’m sure they have signed loads of stuff they are one of the biggest bands in the world and have bin around for decades I think the guitars your looking at for £1500 will be for just one of there signatures not all 4 but thanks for the input from everybody. 
    Regards josh.
    Definitely, there seems to be a real range. I think both eBay and Reverb would be decent places to list - also a number of Facebook groups as well as here obviously. 
  • TheMarlin said:
    MikeS said:
    And a lot of Mexican strats!
    I don’t have no interest in buying Mexican strats if I do I’ll come see you seem to know all about them 
  • Autographed items are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. 

I bought an Schecter Omen 6 featuring the signatures of my favourite band (Seether) to me the signatures are worth a lot.

I get the Rolling Stones are bigger than Seether by some margin but...

Total price of second hand Omen 6 - £125 > £150... price I paid with signatures... £130 incl. postage...

I'm with @TheMarlin for his assessment on price...

plus even if that's in sharpie you can't play the damn thing seriously or it'll rub off with sweat! So your selling a £300-350 guitar with some signature on it that potentially make it unplayable... more for collectors than players.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ofcourse it’s for a collector or somebody who loves the Rolling Stones I appreciate the input 
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    Eight grand ??
    I found a website that where selling similar sort of guitars with the Rolling Stones signatures on and where selling for over £8000 

Even greater value here:

https://www.charitystars.com/product/limited-edition-electric-guitar-signed-by-the-rolling-stones

!? Why on tFB community ?!

• EvoEvo Frets: 308
    As an autograph collector myself, I can't help but feel that I should offer up my experience from that side of the coin and straighten out a few inaccuracies in this thread.

Firstly, the signatures of Jagger and Richards are both worth significantly more than a fiver. Ebay is a horrific gauge of autograph values because around 90% of the stuff on there is fake or printed and serious collectors are well aware of this so generally stick to respected dealers. 

A signed guitar would also be considered a more valuable item to have a signature on than a photograph. To draw a simple comparison, a Harrison Ford signature on a brown fedora would be worth more than a signature on a photo due to the Indiana Jones relevance of the fedora. Irrespective of if it was THE fedora, ANY fedora will be more valuable.

This isn't to say that anyone here is wrong for having their opinions, however there is an accepted concept of value in autographs. Obviously a guitar played on stage would be more valuable, but the increase something like that would cause would likely make most of us wince! If you want a good price guide then check out some UACC registered dealer stores (registered dealer, not just members). This will be high end, but closer than ebay.

Best of luck with the sale buddy!
  • £8000 - mad mad mad. not a chance. 
  • Evo said:
    As an autograph collector myself, I can't help but feel that I should offer up my experience from that side of the coin and straighten out a few inaccuracies in this thread.

Firstly, the signatures of Jagger and Richards are both worth significantly more than a fiver. Ebay is a horrific gauge of autograph values because around 90% of the stuff on there is fake or printed and serious collectors are well aware of this so generally stick to respected dealers. 

A signed guitar would also be considered a more valuable item to have a signature on than a photograph. To draw a simple comparison, a Harrison Ford signature on a brown fedora would be worth more than a signature on a photo due to the Indiana Jones relevance of the fedora. Irrespective of if it was THE fedora, ANY fedora will be more valuable.

This isn't to say that anyone here is wrong for having their opinions, however there is an accepted concept of value in autographs. Obviously a guitar played on stage would be more valuable, but the increase something like that would cause would likely make most of us wince! If you want a good price guide then check out some UACC registered dealer stores (registered dealer, not just members). This will be high end, but closer than ebay.

Best of luck with the sale buddy!
    thanks for the info I’ll have a look and see if there is any uacc dealers near me see what they say.
    A bit of cursory research puts genuine and certified Jagger autographs starting around 6-800 going on up from there. Jagger is definitely the most valuable of the signatures on there, followed by Richards dropping down to around 100.

Obviously, bargains can be had on eBay but you pays your money and takes your chance on that. 

If you want to get the most out of it, you really would be best off submitting it for independent authentication. Somewhere like PSA/DNA would be a good starting point, they offer an online quick opinion for relatively little money. 

Not that i'm questioning the authenticity, I don't have any personal experience with the stones autographs to make any educated comments there. But while dealers certificates are sometimes useful, they're only really as good as the dealer that provided it. So unless its a well known and respected company, most collectors will treat the autograph as uncertified.

If the signatures are good examples, as it is then you might be looking at around the 1k mark if you get lucky on eBay. Certified and put in front of serious collectors, closer to 1800, maybe more. 

If you want to make the most out of it as an investment, then I recommend getting it authenticated and then waiting it out a bit longer. 

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5795
    Evo said:
    ..........I recommend getting it authenticated and then waiting it out a bit longer. 

That is the most delicately put sentence I’ve seen in a long while. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2019
    I find its its best to be as objective as possible haha
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10275
    £8000?  :3
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I really hate to be the tedious one*, but this is a classifieds page.

If the OP is trying to sell it here, then he needs to put a price. If he is just interested in peoples' opinion (or now, more likely, regretting his decision to seek it), then I would suggest the mods move it to somehere else. 

* actually I quite like being 'the tedious one' really. A sort of anti-hero to Jose Mourinho

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    /\ I was wondering that myself. It's in the wrong place on the forum as he started off asking for advice on the price.

If this was a for sale thread then the seller harassment rule is being ignored.
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 849
    edited March 2019
    hi guys I am looking at selling a fender strat I have signed by the Rolling Stones anybody know where the best place to sell something like this would be ?
    As much as ebay gets slagged off I find it to be a great selling system and am generally amazed that I get more for what I sell than I imagine I'd get. I'd say put it on ebay with a 99p start price and I'm sure it will find its true value.