Happy NGD to Me - PRS SE 245

GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4136
I posted these photos in the Bernie sale thread but thought I'd post a separate thread. It's not often I get a NGD. My PRS SE 245 has just arrived from Peach. It's immaculate and beautiful.

I think these normally retail at £725 but I got mine from Peach in a sale for the same price Andertons is currently knocking out Bernie's - £549. Given it looks and feels like a near £2K guitar it's a massive bargain. 

The guitar is still a bit cold after it's journey to the west country but I've had a tune up and play and it's wonderful. I did struggle a bit with the 9s it's strung with, but I'll put some 10s on later. The pickups are wonderfully pokey, better than the ones on my very old SE 22, so I doubt these will be replaced. Sounds great stock. 

I did read somewhere some SE production was moving from Korea to Indonesia where the SE Standards are made, but this is a guitar made at WMI in Korea. 

Anyway, I'm thrilled with it. Looks like my EC-256 will be for sale and maybe even my old SE 22. 

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    That's a proper stunner you got there.  Well done mate. Enjoy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    Holy smokes. That's an absolute belter! Enjoy.
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    great guitars enjoy :)
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4136
    Cheers all. Now I've had a chance to put a set of 10s on it I'm absolutely loving it. 

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Lovely congrats
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    gringopig said:
    Absolutely amazing looking! Makes you want to pick it up and play right away!

HNGD to you  :)
    ..makes you want to lick it................
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    I ike that better than the bernie se ,don't like the 3 in a line controls on the bernie.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    I think that the cheaper SE guitars are being made in Indonesia but the others are still built in Korea. Your guitar looks great. SE guitars must be about the best quality instruments in their price range. Sadly I’ve never found one that I really like enough to keep for any amount of time.
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Looks lovely!  Love the zebra bobbins and the wrap around tailpiece. 

The thing would entice me to buy one of these over a Bernie is not that this has control knobs instead of three, its that the bernie's control layout is so straight it just looks a bit weird to me anyways.  I'm sure they are both great quality instruments as you would expect nothing less from PRS.

HNGD!