TC Spark - dodgy switch...repair, re-buy or replace?

BobTheSalmonBobTheSalmon Frets: 37
Yes...as predicted by many, the switch on my Spark Booster has started playing up. TC Customer Service has been fairly helpful, but it seems an enormous faff to send a video of the problem, exchange a ton of emails and then send it away for a few weeks. What's more, being a pedal freak, the enforced potential "change" is quite exciting...

Should I just buy another one?
Grab the mini for £20 less? (I do like the momentary switch idea, but love the versatility of the full size model)
Look elsewhere? (Micro Amp? AC? RC? Blues Driver?! Klon Style?!!!)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BobTheSalmonBobTheSalmon Frets: 37
    edited March 2019
    For the record pedal chain is:

Germanium Fuzz > Tuner > Octaver > Wah > SPARK > Overdrive > Distortion > Boost > mods > delays >reverbs
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Is it the little micro switch or the main foot switch?
    My micro switch went first, then the foot switch wouldnt reliably turn off. Diitched.
    Went for an MXR booster mini. Crazy loud boost in the loop, plus has an internal micro dial for echoplex style preamp. This has to be turned all the way off if in the loop but into the amp front its a lovely crunchy gain stage. Options options.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    And your pedal chain has two boosts?
  • darius said:
    My micro switch went first, then the foot switch wouldnt reliably turn off. Diitched.
    Went for an MXR booster mini. Crazy loud boost in the loop, plus has an internal micro dial for echoplex style preamp. This has to be turned all the way off if in the loop but into the amp front its a lovely crunchy gain stage. Options options.
    It's the main foot switch.

MXR Booster Mini looks great, but I'm not mad on mini pedals.

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • darius said:
    YES!
    The second one is just for those rare moments when you want more of the same...but...MORE.
    I rarely use it with my two main bands.
  • darius said:
    YES!
    The second one is just for those rare moments when you want more of the same...but...MORE.
    I rarely use it with my two main bands.
    My big board has 2 boosts as well, I don't think it's that unusual. 

And I'm having the same issue with my Dark Matter footswitch, I think it might just need cleaned though.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • darius said:
    I’d not heard of this one.
    Does it make the sound brighter with the treble control all the way up, or is it flat EQ?